nev's mk3 Ibiza

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Well only just noticed the rules and that i'd misread them, thought it was one thread per user, not one thread per car. So reposting my new Ibiza under this new thread.

So here it is my mk3 Ibiza 1.6 Sport - picked it up this month with 46k on the clock...

003bqs.jpg

007ib.jpg

006rn.jpg

009nm.jpg

016gw.jpg

After a few weeks of owning i decided to use T-cut restore and wax 2 in 1. Was really happy with the results

Before

102oo.jpg

After

103om.jpg

104n.jpg

105p.jpg

Also fitted my retro wiper blades, and tailored mats.

Last edited:

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
I then got round to painting the interior handles matt black, and the engine cover white.

001mg.jpg

002ucs.jpg

004bqf.jpg

Fitted HID's temp 6000k, the difference is incredible! (HID left, standard bulb right)

211qb.jpg

The white rear view mirror has always annoyed me, so got it wrapped matt black, have left the stubby bit for now, but quite like the different look it gives

photo1bn.jpg

After a clean up, fitted the engine cover, looks a bit out of place at the moment, but with further mods it should match nicely ;)

002etz.jpg

004okv.jpg

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Got bought a head unit and as given a gauge by a friend who doesnt want to use it, I decided to mount it under the steering wheel and use the cubby hole for the cupra R gauge pod as a later mod.

Night pic is a bit crap due to taking it on my phone

117stv.jpg

111dqj.jpg

One of the gauges to go in below, need to choose one to go with it now

0000gr.jpg

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Heh. Don't look at mine too closely, I wish I had've kept some of the buttons in place :( But I do like having a cd player in the centre console :)

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Just seen it mate, mustve missed it before. Does look good, i just went for the easy option and wanted to leave as much of the car alone. Plus like i said i dont really use the stereo that much, only for long journeys or something so i dont mind it being tucked away :)

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Decided to take the rear view mirror out today and do it properly, spraying it matt black, will post a pic when its done

IBIZA_W1LL

JoinedTheDarkside!
Jul 28, 2010
Sussex/Plymouth/London
Nice car! :) Great results with the T-cut! Is it 1.9 diesel?
Quick question; how did you get your mirror off? I thought u just had to twist them but just cant get mine off ?! Looks much better painted, mine has always annoyed me!

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Hi thanks mate, no its the 1.6 sport petrol. Yeh i know couldn't believe the result!

Yeh you do just twist, but ive got to say it was so much stiffer than i thought. It twists 90degrees anti-clockwise. My only tip would be to get as best grip as you can and just ignore the window, putting it back on in easier than getting it off imo as well

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Looks nice Nev :thumbup: Sure I've seen that done before...:think: :p

Was it...nerve racking getting it out? I was convinced I was going to break mine when I first did it! At least its done, another eye sore out of the way :) You going to do anything about the arch gap?

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Cheers mate, haha it wasnt a direct copy i promise. I still remember it as a nifty mod from the old days of being on here. Yeh it was a bit as im sure i remember tales of windscreens cracking!!!

Yeh there are so many plans for it mate, a few people wont agree with, but due to my situation at the moment pretty much everything large is on hold...

...but as a teaser, 16" white multis and probably springs not coilies. Getting hold of my 15mm spacers this week which i cant wait for!

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Few updates...

Took my spacers off the old 1.4

001mkf.jpg

Before

004is.jpg

After

026vs.jpg

Also got round to de-badging

Before

002htb.jpg

After

003icc.jpg

Also picked up a couple of bits :D gives me something to work on!

006pme.jpg

007dho.jpg

CeeJays Ibiza

Sep 13, 2011
Devon
nice tidy car matee i like the aftermarket head unit under the steering wheel.. i need to do something like that as i have a pretty good head unit to fit to my Ibiza however you can fit it on the center console.. :)

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
nice tidy car matee i like the aftermarket head unit under the steering wheel.. i need to do something like that as i have a pretty good head unit to fit to my Ibiza however you can fit it on the center console.. :)

Cheers, yeh I'm aware you can i just didn't want it there.

Haven't been on here for a while just lurking ;) few updates anyways...

Purchased the Cupra R gauge pod from the stealers for around a tenner, probably the only thing they sell that isn't a rip off! Gauges are autogauge Oil temp and A/F ratio, but haven't had a chance to wire up yet

photo2ns.jpg

Picked up a set of black mg alloys with pretty much new rubber all round as I came to need a tyre change anyway. Fitted with 5mm spacers at the front, removed the VW centre caps so just need to get some SEAT ones to fill the gaps now.

Also gave it the once over pre harsh winter weather, hopefully it keeps the paintwork nice and tidy.

photo1hg.jpg

photo4pz.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members