Autel Vag405 review

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Just thought I'd give a brief review of the autel vag 405 scanner. It's been really good, I've read and cleared codes on vag cars from 97-2008 so far, I've cleared airbag faults too, it also does abs etc. Here's some pics of the display.

phonestuff023.jpg

phonestuff020.jpg

phonestuff021.jpg

phonestuff022.jpg

phonestuff019.jpg

phonestuff019.jpg

And here's the sort of reading you get with a fault

phonestuff018.jpg

I've also done some basic stuff on vauxhalls and renault, they're not as good for it but it does give an idea of the problem. All in all this is one of the best things I've bought for fault finding. It's justy so easy to use and stores away nice;y in the boot, you can't do timing etc but still very handy out and about. :)

http://www.auteltech.com/vag405.htm

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
i was going to get the 405 but then i seen this the Creader VI http://www.cnlaunch.com/english/News/show.asp?id=1683 it has only been out for 12 months i think but the Beauty of this is i can use on all cars from 96 up until now or after as there is online updates Via Usb (software is a bit rubbish though as it installs the wrong usb driver[:@])

Cost me £89 mate dearer but can use on all cars, i tired it on the mothers micra and it found a fault :lol: mine was ok though:D

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
I've used mine on a few different ones but it works best on the vags, done a 2001 megane, ford focus, vectra etc. I really wanted it for the seat mostly so it's perfect for me, no updates yet but it connects fine lol:p

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
i was going to get the 405 but then i seen this the Creader VI http://www.cnlaunch.com/english/News/show.asp?id=1683 it has only been out for 12 months i think but the Beauty of this is i can use on all cars from 96 up until now or after as there is online updates Via Usb (software is a bit rubbish though as it installs the wrong usb driver[:@])

Cost me £89 mate dearer but can use on all cars, i tired it on the mothers micra and it found a fault :lol: mine was ok though:D

the autel can do all that and more eg - the launch can only access engine modules where as the autel can read many control units on the vw group vehicles like abs, airbag, immobiliser, dash panel and can also carry out service light resets.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
the autel can do all that and more eg - the launch can only access engine modules where as the autel can read many control units on the vw group vehicles like abs, airbag, immobiliser, dash panel and can also carry out service light resets.

i got the launch to read all cars really and not get stuck with a vw reader, the first choice was the 405 but then i seen the Vi, the Vi does do the service/engine light i.e the DTC/MiL ect i really can not see what the 405 can do more reading the online manual.

i did start a thread on here asking about the Creader Vi but no one replied.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
the autel has an obd function which allows it to read other cars - ive used mine on many none vw cars successfully but it also has special function on vw group vehicles.

the launch is an overpriced obd code reader - only engine faults and obd/eobd related issues where as the autel has that function plus the capeability to read other control modules on vw group vehicles.

it can also reset the service light, by that i mean the service due light not the eml.

its also half the price of the creader

i have an autel, launch, vcds, vas, vag and bosch equipment and can safely say that the autel is the best money spent.

vcds now also incorporates an obd function as do many brand specific code readers.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
so if the 405 can read all cars why not state this in there add as it says Vw group only, i no obd is in all cars from 96 it does not mean a specific scanner setup for one group will read all cars, also i think your getting mixed up with the CReader V you have, the one i have is the new CReader Vi.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.