LED numberplate lights
Stage 1 Revo Remap
Custom Cat back exhaust system
SEAT official spoiler & skirts
Team dynamics 17" Imola - graphite
H & R lowering springs
Carbon Wrapped bonnet - gloss
ITG maxogen intake kit

Only been a member on here for a month or so, placed my order for a brand new Ibiza Cupra at the end of last month!

Basically I couldn't fault the Ibiza for looks, outright pace, practicality and economy. I considered a Clio RS 200 but the lower MPG higher tax, higher depreciation, reliability and harsh day to day ride turned me against it. Currently I own a polo 1.2 SE (current shape) so I initially wanted a GTI but after driving both cars the the lower equipment level and higher price of the GTI put me off.

Spec is:
Speed blue
Pano sunroof
Bi Xenon light
Extra 3rd headrest (this was complimentary)
Tyre pressure monitor

She arrived last week but don't pick up until end of Oct as my insurance won't let me change my car over and I am doing an IAM course before I get her.

Pic here :
61f9cba7.jpg

Looking forward to picking her up though, any useful tips from you guys regarding running her in?

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Very nice ride mate and well done on the xenons! You is gonna love it!!!!! Run it in the way you want as ou will get too many conflicting ideas on here lol

Deleted member 49882

Nice choice ... you'll not be disappointed. Cupra ticks all the boxes you mentioned. Enjoy.

doyliee

Looking good mate! How come it arrived so quickly?! Was it already built ?

NathWraith

Misfiring like a boss
Sep 2, 2011
Staffordshire
Looking good mate! How come it arrived so quickly?! Was it already built ?

Yeah SEAT were running a no VAT offer until the end of Sept and they had 6 cars built and specced but not registered.

I originally was going to go for a standard White boc but the insurance was double!

The Cupra cost £16079 with 3 Years servicing chucked in aswell. Pretty chuffed tbh!

Sep 23, 2009
Bedfordshire
Still my favourite colour! Would love to have one of these.

Also, what does the IAM course cover? Be interesting to find out as i wouldnt mind doing something like that in the future.

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
Still my favourite colour! Would love to have one of these.

Also, what does the IAM course cover? Be interesting to find out as i wouldnt mind doing something like that in the future.
yeah me too tell us more .....:)..

Aug 3, 2011
Nice Cupra picked my 11 plate up as a showroom demo almost two months ago and had one hickup with the injectors/sparks that should alreayd be sorted on your car. Love the Cupra was out last night with my mates such a brill little car.

Enjoy it. The plus points are the fact it has so much go with such good economy,price,tax,insurance figures!

Jay

robloake

Jun 26, 2011
Hastings
Nice looking car, quite like the blue, as far as running in goes I kept mine off full throttle for the first 1500 miles and its loosened up nicely now at 4000 miles, tell you what though, check the oil regularly, at least every 1000 miles as these Tsi motors seem to drink it !!

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
Always liked speed blue, such a nice colour in the sun :p

But you bought it over the clio rs for reliability? you should probably have a read for mis-fire problems and oil consumption prior to driving it around. Oil consumption needs to be checked weekly i would say

Hope you enjoy your new car tho :)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
61f9cba7.jpg

Looking forward to picking her up though, any useful tips from you guys regarding running her in?

Is that LC Charles? We need to get a Cheshire meet on if you're from round here, loads of mk5s about now!

I gave mine granny revs for 200 miles, then slowly eased it in by feel, she hadn't used any oil at my last check of 1500 miles :)

Wanted speed blue originally - lovely colour!

NathWraith

Misfiring like a boss
Sep 2, 2011
Staffordshire
Is that LC Charles? We need to get a Cheshire meet on if you're from round here, loads of mk5s about now!

I gave mine granny revs for 200 miles, then slowly eased it in by feel, she hadn't used any oil at my last check of 1500 miles :)

Wanted speed blue originally - lovely colour!

Yeah man LC charles. Sure will have to get a meet on the go :)

Clio reliability is more to do with electrics than engine. I have quite a few friends with various clio's (200 & 182) who have had questionable reliability.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Yeah man LC charles. Sure will have to get a meet on the go :)

Clio reliability is more to do with electrics than engine. I have quite a few friends with various clio's (200 & 182) who have had questionable reliability.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Where abouts you from/when do you get it? Will keep an eye out. This may have been one of the speed blues I considered last month but didn't want the pano sunroof myself.

Time to arrange a meet, we stopped them 'cos it was the same 4/5 of us that always went but now there's new people about... :)

There's a turbo 182 around.. It's my mates.. As you can imagine, french+non-standard = uhoh ;)

NathWraith

Misfiring like a boss
Sep 2, 2011
Staffordshire
Where abouts you from/when do you get it? Will keep an eye out. This may have been one of the speed blues I considered last month but didn't want the pano sunroof myself.

Time to arrange a meet, we stopped them 'cos it was the same 4/5 of us that always went but now there's new people about... :)

There's a turbo 182 around.. It's my mates.. As you can imagine, french+non-standard = uhoh ;)

I used to live in Alsager but live in Mow Cop now. Get it in about 3 weeks time.

Looking forward to giving her a good clean, polish and wax just in time for winter :)

Got a list of a few things I want to to, change the DRL's to whiter bulbs, stubby aerial, interior LEDs etc but nothing major yet.

I did have this crazy idea of having a Boc style front bumper but in gloss carbon wrap rather than black :happy:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise