Dasher's CupraST Project

Dasher

Nov 21, 2023
Kind of started this in the New Users section, so copying this over.

Bought my third Seat last month. After having owned an Ibiza 1.9TDI (110hp) from 1999-2007, an Alfa/Benz somewhere, and a Leon 1P 2.0TDI FR from 2013 to 2023, I am now on my third Seat: a shiney new second-hand Leon 5F Cupra ST from 2018. After 30 years of Diesels it certainly is taking some getting used to not having any torque in the low end but so much power in the high end.

It didn't have the ACC, Keyless, DAB or Rear Parking Camera options: basically I got a cheap-basturd version because I was clueless and needed a car fast (never a good combo). Despite the original advert saying it had ACC and the soundsystem, the seller was ofcourse "clueless" about the deviations. Lesson learned.... She's a shiny black beauty none the less, debadged with black seat emblems on the grille/boot. It really looks like a dad-car from the outside, nothing that screams "hey look at me".

On my 1P FR I had a bunch of modules added to get cornering lights, bluetooth, coming-home etc, so the modding bug hit me with that car already. The 5F has sooooo many more goodies to unlock, so I guess this topic will be my endeavor to unlokc some of those.

VCDS / OBDeleven mods:
- Fog lights flash with high-beams
- Rear lights on with DRL
- US Style rear blinker LED (orange turned off, red rear-lights blink)
- Enable green engineering screen
- Comfort blinker set to 4 cycles

Finished mods:
- Obligatory dynamic blinkers in the side mirrors
- Rear-view parking camera
- Do88 Intake system (elbow, hose, filterbox cover)
- K&N filter
- modded airintake (dremel)

Next month:
- New 19" alloys, those Y spoked cupra ones in black/silver. Waiting for tires to be switched next wednesday
- JM sport-cat downpipe
- Stage2 tuning on ECU and DSG (400hp here we come!)

Next year:
- DAB+: antenna booster and wiring kit already sourced
- Leon KL Cupra steering wheel with heater and cc/acc integrated
- ACC retrofit
- LaneAssist/TrafficSign retrofit: Steering wheel stalks, 5A camera, selfdimming mirror, covers and wiring already sourced
- Dashcam front/rear
- Activate FullLink

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-24 002913.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-24 002913.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot 2023-10-24 002925.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-24 002925.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2023-10-24 002940.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-24 002940.png
    432.6 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Ken Adams

Dasher

Nov 21, 2023
The car came with a bunch of service records from Seat but the oil-change plan he had was super vague. No clue on when the DSG/haldex oil was changed or when the last real oil change was. Also the front discs are wearing out and have a small wobble. Time to order some parts.

Needed maintenance
- DSG + Haldex oil/filter (no clue when these were ever changed, so just to be safe)
- Engine oil (not sure what oil is in the engine or when it was replaced, service log is super vague with oil change service plans)
- replace front light-bundle level sensor (error when I go over a steep bump)
- Front discs starting to wear: ATE 340 discs and ATE Ceramic pads

Hoping to have everything in a week or two so I can do the oil/disc/pad changes before xmas.

New alloys and the do88 intake elbow attached (not my car in that photo with the wheels)

Attachments

• alloys.jpg
    alloys.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20231111_131341.jpg
    20231111_131341.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 63
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.