Kenny's Mk5 Cupra - Coilovers and BBS fitted page 4***

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Hi Guys, some of you may remember my old car from a while back

Mk4 seat ibiza Fr

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

Sold this back in 2010 and was driving an A3 2.0l tdi s-line for a while but picked this up 2 weeks ago.

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

DSC00870.jpg

Extras on it are

Sunroof
Parking Sensors (Front & Rear)
Sat Nav doc
Usb / MP3 connection
Bluetooth

After being use to driving diesels for 4 years this is a good bit different and defo puts a smile back on my face just love the noise on acceleration.:D

Oh and I still have parts left from the mk4 if anyones interested.

Last edited:

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Now I didnt hang about and already picked up the modding bug.

1st mods were getting all the bulbs changed as the standard ones were pretty poor along with adding a few exras.

Ultra 5000k H7s
Ultra 501's
Ultra Fogs
Ultra Silvertec Indicators
Led Reg light bulbs
Led Interior Lights
Peugeot 607 aerial
Audi R8 style oil Cap
H&R 12mm spacers

Headlights look way better now the orange look has gone.
DSC00873.jpg

Next im hoping to get it lowered as its at tractor hight just now.

Thanks for looking
Kenny

Last edited:

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Since the weather was decent I thought I would give the car a good clean and change over the horrible orange rear indicators for silvertec ones to match the front.

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

Also looked into lowering and i recon ill go for the KW 35mm springs. Had KW coilovers on my last ibiza and loved them, so im swaying more towards them. Should hopefully have them ordered soon along with 15mm wheel spacers to put on the rear.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Well springs are finally fitted and what a difference they make in ride height and handling. Ended up going for the KW 35mm spring kit but its defenately dropped the car more. Never got round to measuring it exactly but you can tell its down more just by looking. They still need to settle but ill let the pics do the talking.

Front Before.

DSC00872.jpg

Back Before:

DSC00870.jpg

Front After:

DSC00912.jpg

Back After:

DSC00907.jpg

And heres a few more pics

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00917.jpg

Thanks for looking.

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Will post better pics soon once the front has settled a bit.

Next mods are either new spacers, an induction kit or the cupra boot spoiler.

Need new spacers as the H&R ones I purchased previously were for my A3 and are slightly larger in diameter than the hubs on the ibiza by about 2-3mm rather than looking flush when the wheels are on even though they are for 5x100 and 5x112. So they'll be getting sold to fund new ones.

Anyone recommend any good brands for spacers? Or will i just stick to H&R?

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
The H&R's are better quality than the FK's but at the end they do the same job and there almost half the price! By the way, cars looking good buddy!

FK's may be the way forward then, just had a look on DPM and theyre a good bit cheaper after all so will prob order a set soon.

Cheers mate, got loads of stuff planned just trying to get all the cosmetic stuff done first before i go for stage one mods.

Aug 3, 2011
Cars look very well buddy. Liking the springs. Im getting some 35mm springs for mine now, thanks to these pictures :) Looks just right IMO

Jay

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Thanks mate its getting there slowly, ill defo need to get some better pics up now the ride height has settled. Well once the Scottish weather calms down a bit.

Good to hear get pics up asap.

Also managed to order a boot spoiler today from the seat accessorites website as it was discounted and the site also gave a 10% off promo code. Result :D

Next up spoiler painted and fitted then hopefully ITG!!!!

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
As promised here's some up to date pics to show the ride height and 12mm rear spacers fitted.

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Aug 3, 2011
Now that, looks perfect ride height. Does it ride okay. cant wait to get my 35mm springs fitted now!

How is it with 3 in the back? :)

EDIT: Looking nice n clean too *Thumbs Up*
EDIT2: Are you parked at or near a SEAT Dealers?

Last edited:

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Yeh its way better than standard, defo the best mod I've done so far. Tbh I wouldn't know as ive never had 3 in the back since they were fitted its fine with 2 though and doesnt rub even with the spacers fitted.

Cheers, spent a few hours detailing it only for it to rain about hour after the pics were taken :thumbd:.

Yeh pics were taken at the seat garage along the road from me. Its lit up well at night so quite good for taking pics.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.