Problem with leon fr start

Sep 16, 2022
Hi im new to the group and had my 2010 leon fr 170 cr for about 6 month now from the first day it would take awhile to first start up (this would be either in the morning or when it had been left standing for more than 5 hours or so) typically take 2-4 seconds but read the forum and seen its pretty common and not to worry... until today... the car started up pretty much straight away went to see my mate and was driving round for about an hour... I went into the shop and turned off my engine when I got back to my car after 10 mins or so I went to start it up and it started turning over and seemed to just bog down and not start so I left it a few seconds and tried again... it did the same thing... so I decided to try and while pressing the accelerator and it fired up just wondering if anyone could help me and put my mind at ease... the vehicle had just had its belt changed, been through a service and mot so god knows
Thanks alot in advance

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Mine did similar when the battery was dying. Would also start and then immediately shut off and be abit of a pig to get going again.

Fresh battery solved it's problems, simple job.

Sep 16, 2022
Ah thanks pal just got abit worried as iv looked on here and some people are saying on other post that it could be fuel pump which iv just had changed so... but that's pal I'll grab a new battery 👍

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Crank sensor is another possibility.

Fuel pump doesn't usually give much warning before it shits it's guts, would expect the effected ones to have died already.

Sep 16, 2022
I'll get the battery sorted then If that doesn't sort it I'll have a look at replacing the sensor which was my original thought it could have been but never got checked as I looked on here and saw people saying it was normal to have a longer crank for its first start of the day or long time... thanks for the help

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Yea, battery is a relatively cheap and easy job so makes sense to start there.

I'm not sure if the crank sensor can be done with the belt on, so check see if you can get a definitive answer first.

Reactions: Ethandenniss
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.