tracking down a boost leak

Mar 25, 2009
bath
need some help guys,

i have a pd130 ibiza

recently gone gtb2260vk

pretty sure i have developed a boost leak. i can hear it blowing and it definitely seems smokier than it initially was...

i have checked ALL boost pipes and cant see any evidence of leaking anywhere.

i cleaned them all up so i can keep an eye on them. i have noticed the top silicone pipe coming off the egr delete had become very oily/greasy on the outside, not in a specific area but all over. the aluminium pipe coming from it is fine though?

any thoughts?

also where else might the boost be coming from?

i am going to try and get hold of another vac box to try out and see if its that...

apart from that i am lost!!

ta

Mar 25, 2009
bath
thanks, i have thought about the vac hoses. i am trying to find someone local with a pd130 to let me try their vac box and see if that helps at all.

if not i think next step will be slowly working replacing all the vac line 1 by 1, i assume they are all 3mm id?

Mar 25, 2009
bath
do these boost logs look right/wrong? i cant tell lol

boostlog1.jpg

boostlog2.jpg

boostlog3.jpg

eliteleon

Looking on these numbers, says its not mapped. Expected boost numbers and actually bosst numbers should be equal. It overfuels before it actually boosts. Remap should fix this problem.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Hmmm it's definitely been remapped, maybe not well enough!

Thanks man I'll speak to the mapper an see what he says

Mar 25, 2009
bath
not yet man, i am going back up there at the end of the month to have bigger injectors installed so will get them to look at that then :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.