Windscreen fluid leaking into drivers footwell - Help

Apr 7, 2024
I have a leak into the driver's footwell. When I use the rear windscreen wiper the jets work but water leaks from above the brake pedals into the drivers footwell. Currently, my car has no MOT and this has just happened. I have considered doing a rear windscreen wiper delete but that would not eliminate the leaking if I was to press the rear windscreen washer lever and to be honest I would rather fix it than to a delete.

Has anyone had this before on the Seat Leon Mk3? Mine specifically is a Seat Leon 2018 Facelift.

Does anyone know where the pipe from the washer reservoir routes to the rear windscreen around the engine? I believe that maybe the pipe has split slightly around this area and causing it to leak into the driver's footwell when in use yet it isn't a big enough cut because the rear washer jets still work.

This is a bit worrying for me considering it would be touching the electrics around the area of the pedal.

Thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I have a leak into the driver's footwell. When I use the rear windscreen wiper the jets work but water leaks from above the brake pedals into the drivers footwell. Currently, my car has no MOT and this has just happened. I have considered doing a rear windscreen wiper delete but that would not eliminate the leaking if I was to press the rear windscreen washer lever and to be honest I would rather fix it than to a delete.

Has anyone had this before on the Seat Leon Mk3? Mine specifically is a Seat Leon 2018 Facelift.

Does anyone know where the pipe from the washer reservoir routes to the rear windscreen around the engine? I believe that maybe the pipe has split slightly around this area and causing it to leak into the driver's footwell when in use yet it isn't a big enough cut because the rear washer jets still work.

This is a bit worrying for me considering it would be touching the electrics around the area of the pedal.

Thanks
If your washer reservoir is on the left hand side (as viewed from drivers seat) in the engine compartment then I'm sure all the washer pipes run along the left hand side of the body, I think some models might have the reservoir on the right hand side though.
I know there was a problem with the pipe leaking where it went behind the trim near the bonnet pull handle.

Apr 7, 2024
If your washer reservoir is on the left hand side (as viewed from drivers seat) in the engine compartment then I'm sure all the washer pipes run along the left hand side of the body, I think some models might have the reservoir on the right hand side though.
I know there was a problem with the pipe leaking where it went behind the trim near the bonnet pull handle.
It is on the left hand side as viewed from the drivers seat. I did further diagnosing and found the leak was coming from this area near the centre console by the left clutch pedal from this foam as shown in a picture below. I took off the drivers and passenger side B pillar and saw nothing accessible. I also took off the windscreen scuttle to see the front windscreen wiper area and everything was fine there. As said it is just when the rear windscreen wiper fluid is in use.

Attachments

• IMG_AE2D6FFC6365-1.jpeg
    IMG_AE2D6FFC6365-1.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 20

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
It is on the left hand side as viewed from the drivers seat. I did further diagnosing and found the leak was coming from this area near the centre console by the left clutch pedal from this foam as shown in a picture below. I took off the drivers and passenger side B pillar and saw nothing accessible. I also took off the windscreen scuttle to see the front windscreen wiper area and everything was fine there. As said it is just when the rear windscreen wiper fluid is in use.
Very strange, I'm thinking that the water is leaking somewhere on the pipework on the left and running along to the centre dash area, I would suggest removing the trim around the bonnet release handle and perhaps remove the glovebox to observe behind it.
BTW the 'B' pillar is where the top seat belt mount is, I suspect you meant the 'A' pillar?

Apr 7, 2024
Very strange, I'm thinking that the water is leaking somewhere on the pipework on the left and running along to the centre dash area, I would suggest removing the trim around the bonnet release handle and perhaps remove the glovebox to observe behind it.
BTW the 'B' pillar is where the top seat belt mount is, I suspect you meant the 'A' pillar?
I mean the panel between each side of the centre console. Also I will have to look taking the bonnet release area out. Just doesn't make sense how it is getting there

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.