My wait is nearly over now...

northernmonkey

Having ordered in Feb, I've been to the dealer and finished up the paperwork today and collecting on Thursday morning......and here he is, looking very angry! [:@] :D

NewFR_zps6163a629.jpg
[/IMG]

northernmonkey

Had a quick look around it....just got the basic FR spec seats but i'm really liking the leather bolsters etc and the sunroof seems fantastic (much better than the Ibiza one which just tilted)

I think the black roof and dynamic pack (wheels and mirrors) really sets it off....really can't wait to pick this up now!

May 31, 2011
Essex
Now that looks great lol I so want to go order the 3 door Leon but want to wait to see what problems come up first as I get bad luck lol

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Love those wheels, the wing mirrors don't look as chrome as they are advertised on the Seat site, wasn't sure about them but they look ok.

Would like to see some pics of the interior headlining with the sunroof! :)

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
I really thought long and hard about the upgrade to the machine polished wheels.

However, my experience of a brand new mk5 golf gti which had 2 sets of wheels during my 18 months of ownership really made my mind up.
The machined wheels look great, but once they get a few stonechips on them, the water gets in behind the lacquer and a thing called "whiteworm" starts.
Maybe Seat have sorted this out, but my experience of the Golf put me off so I went for the regular 18s.

Nice car tho eh? Im loving mine. Im on call this week so am running around in the works 4x4. I really need to find an excuse to get the Leon out of the garage and just take her for a spin around the block!

Andy

Last edited:

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Congrats mate! The black roof really looks terrific. I've been thinking about the sunfroof, just because of that. Don't really see a point in having a sunroof myself, to be honest. But damn, from the outside it looks great!

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
i had a sit in a black one at my local dealership and i liked how i fell into the seat exactly how i have my seat in my ibiza. i jsut gotta put mine back to standard and see what i cna get for mine.. i mainly like the led front lights in it

northernmonkey

The sunroof look from the outside really makes it I think...I'll get some pics from the inside when I pick it up in Thursday!

The mirrors are a little darker than those from the previous Ibiza/Leon FRs...the main reason I got the pack really lol...the basic FR alloys just look horrible so they had to go anyway!

bigdan82

It looks freakin amazing, hope to get the call next week to go and pick mine up. The car's been in Sweden for almost two weeks now so I think I could get it next week.

I too was thinking about the sunroof but I ordered my car in black so you wouldnt have noticed it much from the outside so decided skip it but on the red one it really looks great!

Last edited by a moderator:

northernmonkey

What can I say...I love this car already! :love:

It really is excellent...The 1.4tsi really packs quite a bit of punch, particularly when you stick it in sport mode...but its also a surprisingly smooth ride despite the 18inch wheels, much better than I anticipated!

Updating the thread with a few more pics (and a few of the sunroof just for you JK1!)

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
yeah the car looks fantastic mate. like you said in your first post, from tne front he looks mean.

can you take a picture if the seats. so we can have a look.

oh and have you named it yet? ;lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members