Aero pack & dual exhaust kit

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Since the day I got the car in May 2021, I've been eyeing Aero pack & exhaust kit on SEAT Accessories website. A couple of weeks ago I finally placed the order via a local dealer. Turkish importer of cars/parts was keeping some stock during the heyday of Leon Mk3 but lately there was no stock and it had to be ordered from parts distribution center in Germany. Most probably these parts will be out of production in a year or less.

Anyway, rear spoiler and exhaust kit have arrived two days ago and I'm at the dealer now for installation. They advised me to wait for all the parts to arrive and install them in one go but I couldn't wait. To install the exhaust kit, my existing FR rear bumper needs to be cut at the right side and it won't look good probably but that's not important as a new bumper would be installed anyway.

Here are the first photos from parts.
Aero pack parts come primed and need to be painted.

Hopefully they won't make me wait too long at the customer waiting saloon and finish the installation quickly.
But past experiences at all kinds of garages are not so good in this regard.

Cheers,
Serdar

IMG_20240329_084508.jpg
IMG_20240329_084923.jpg

Last edited:

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
First follow-up:

Spoiler and exhaust kit are installed.
Color matching looks good but a last finishing (waxing, I guess?) will be applied later, after the glue was dried completely.
Exhaust tips are smaller in diameter than most people doing these kind of retrofits use, so they don't look so extravagant. But it's completely fine with me and I liked the looks even with the stock FR bumper.

More photos will follow when bumper & sideskirts arrived.

1711702872521.jpg

1711702872516.jpg

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
The rear spoiler transforms the look of the MK3's. Shame that even the genuine SEAT spoilers aren't a great fit. It is the proper 5-door version. I had mine professionally fitted, but it was a chap on his own, so when he aligned one side up the other side was a bit out, and then it was too late......

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
The rear spoiler transforms the look of the MK3's. Shame that even the genuine SEAT spoilers aren't a great fit. It is the proper 5-door version. I had mine professionally fitted, but it was a chap on his own, so when he aligned one side up the other side was a bit out, and then it was too late......

That's right, fitment is not an exact one, it sits a couple of millimeters off on both sides.
But I'm not so meticulous to worry about it so I believe I can live with that.

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
First follow-up:

Spoiler and exhaust kit are installed.
Color matching looks good but a last finishing (waxing, I guess?) will be applied later, after the glue was dried completely.
Exhaust tips are smaller in diameter than most people doing these kind of retrofits use, so they don't look so extravagant. But it's completely fine with me and I liked the looks even with the stock FR bumper.

More photos will follow when bumper & sideskirts arrived.

View attachment 41589

View attachment 41591
Will you be getting the side spoiler fins?

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Will you be getting the side spoiler fins?
Generally I like to stick with the OEM parts and the available OEM fins are supposed to be installed along with the Cupra-specific spoiler. I saw some people mounted those with non-Cupra spoilers but that involves some cutting. So there are three options: buying non-OEM and have an exact fit, buying OEM and dealing with cutting, or leaving it as it is. :)

Sent from my 23013PC75G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mo_86

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
2nd episode of Aero Kit installation: Rear bumper.

So, rear bumper arrived at the dealer a couple of days ago. They prepared the exhaust pipe, parking sensor and RVC locations and painted it. Today was the installation day and it took two hours. It is very cloudy & rainy around here today and there's no sunlight for taking nice bright photos but these are the ones I could take anyway. I'll post better photos after a good wash in a sunny day. My opinion is that the bumper & diffuser really transformed the whole rear view of the car. Your comments would be appreciated very much.

Cheers,
Serdar

1713627523959.jpg

1713627523967.jpg

1713627523962.jpg

Last edited:

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I do like it with the double exhaust, I also prefer the plain finish behind the number plate instead of the silly black insert thats on the cupra.

You should also post some before pics so people can see the change better.

Reactions: serdar_18fr

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
I do like it with the double exhaust, I also prefer the plain finish behind the number plate instead of the silly black insert thats on the cupra.

You should also post some before pics so people can see the change better.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that. Some people prefer to paint the diffuser section gloss black but I'm not so fond of that trend, so I chose the matte black, as suggested by the manufacturer"s photos.

Reactions: tracktoy
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.