Pete-225's Leon Cupra R 225

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
After a lot of searching and reading up, I thought I'd take you all through my slow progress journey!
Having 2 kids and them draining my wallet as it is, this car is slowly but surely getting the tlc and time from me it needs, however half the mods I need are going to take me forever to get :(

The car as it stands now:

Onvi yellow paint
Black cupra r 18" alloys
Mintex disc and pads all round
Forge alloy boost pipe (non res)
Standard exhaust system with decat
One red silicone hose :( .. (Hardly noticeable)
Mini aerial
Pioneer head unit

Not a bad start, and have some great ideas planned for the car.

I want to go pretty much all red under the hood, as I like the contrast of red and yellow with the Brembo brakes.

Plans are:
New bushes
New rods
JR 80mm cone
Sfs/badger 5 tip
Custom made heatshield (already with some help from RDS)
Toyo fmic
Some silicone hose replacements
Remap
Miltek/cobra exhaust
Down pipe
S3 strut brace
R32 arb

Now it's a pretty big wish list, but I will get there slowly but surely.
First on the list, JR 80mm cone, and then tip :D

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
A few pics of today's progress on Bumblebee:
Washed her and replaced standard bulbs with halogen bulbs, will eventually get HID's one day....

ymapaha4.jpg

egy6u8yd.jpg

pe5aguje.jpg

a6uta5e8.jpg

Standard side bulb:
azysavad.jpg

Halogen side bulb:

daraduqe.jpg

Couldn't take anymore photos of the new bulbs as my phone died! So will post another day :)

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
No mate it's not :( wish I could invest more time and money, but the family come 1st :) 2 kids under 3 mate, and you would think I'm clothing 10 kids with the amounts they grow lol

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
Been a busy bee today, stripped the sound/heat proof layer off the bonnet, and cleaned the underside of the bonnet, then been busy on my engine cover, sprayed metallic red :)

Before:
me4yry2e.jpg

No bonnet lining (very dirty!!)
4e9etamy.jpg

After the deep clean (needs a bit more work)
3asuzu6e.jpg

Before:
7ame8uty.jpg

All taped up ready to go
y5a4esu6.jpg

Base coat (high temp red,still wet)
a9yhanuq.jpg

Finished product with high temp metallic red paint
zu4a9emy.jpg

ryva3esa.jpg

The pictures don't do it justice, has a sparkly flake in the paint and when the sun hits it :D looks lovely.
Thanks for looking :)

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
Went to MFN last night, and what a fantastic turnout! Can't believe how many cars were there :) took a few pics of some nice shiny bays :)

uduruha9.jpg

utu6yza8.jpg

utasy3yj.jpg

And finally got a half decent pic of the new xenon bulbs

y9amadu9.jpg

Thanks again for looking

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
Well it was my sons 1st birthday today, and thought I'd take him in my car to his party, whilst my partner took our daughter and her mum in her car.

On the way, as it was hot and nice, I thought I'd put my front passenger window down...... And CRASH, my window fell through!!
Luckily the window didn't smash, but as the window fell, it fowled the locking mechanism, causing the door to be stuck, and un-openable!

Had to take the door card off, which needs replacing anyway as the previous owner did a bit of a bridge job, with no nails :| so I haven't been able to put it back on!

Unscrewed the bolts on the silver plate, tool the motor off, took the speaker out so I could use the hole to gain access to the fallen window, unscrewed the two bolts that secure the window in place, put it back in, tightened everything, walla boom, walla bing, all sorted!!

Just need a new door card and clips to sort the mess out :(, so it's kind of done me favour, as it will push me to do it, as its looking a little rally spec now lol (sorry no pics as it looks horrible :( )

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Didn't even realise you'd started one of these mate, car looks good. Pleased to hear you sorted the door problem straight away. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the bay ;)

Edit- this is in the wrong section mate :doh: may be worth sending one of the mods a pm to get it shifted to the readers rides section

Last edited:

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
Haha, I was umming and aring since you said something to be honest. Yeah me too, coz where I live, I wouldn't trust my car to be here in the morning with a window down all night, plus the weather isn't looking too good. Thanks mate :) getting there slowly, be even better when your tasty template mod comes, thinking of spaying it either white with red trimming, or red with white trimming, what do you think?

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
Well I'm going with the red, I only thought of the white to make it stand out a bit, as I'm thinking either option will just break it up a little :) (can't copy you completely can I?) hmm decisions decisions! :D

LeonUser

Mar 15, 2012
North West, Cheshire
Well it was my sons 1st birthday today, and thought I'd take him in my car to his party, whilst my partner took our daughter and her mum in her car.

On the way, as it was hot and nice, I thought I'd put my front passenger window down...... And CRASH, my window fell through!!
Luckily the window didn't smash, but as the window fell, it fowled the locking mechanism, causing the door to be stuck, and un-openable!

Had to take the door card off, which needs replacing anyway as the previous owner did a bit of a bridge job, with no nails :| so I haven't been able to put it back on!

Unscrewed the bolts on the silver plate, tool the motor off, took the speaker out so I could use the hole to gain access to the fallen window, unscrewed the two bolts that secure the window in place, put it back in, tightened everything, walla boom, walla bing, all sorted!!

Just need a new door card and clips to sort the mess out :(, so it's kind of done me favour, as it will push me to do it, as its looking a little rally spec now lol (sorry no pics as it looks horrible :( )

Car looks real nice mate just keep it going along it will turn out the way you want it soon.

And i just this minute fixed my window regulator (sat in car with laptop) and what a ball ache it is fitting new metal wiring [:@]

also got to fit new leather to the car now for the gator around the gear stick this should be fun.

But overall nice car looks very well!

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
Haha. You now have me thinking Richard!! Damn you!! Lol, and the splitter is one thing I'm desperate for, but I'm a tight arse, and waiting for one at the right price ;) lol

Thanks Leonuser :D it's getting there slowly! I might be buying some paint at the weekend or maybe when I come back from my hols to do the interior and the plastic trim in front of the engine cover :) then getting my lacquer for the engine cover, and maybe look at painting the oil, washer and radiator caps a different colour.....

Did you get all the wiring done? Can't imagine it was a pleasant job in all fairness!! Bloody cars, more hassle than what they are worth :p

Pete225

Mar 31, 2013
Well renewed my car insurance today, £690 for the year, fully comp, 3years no claims, accident declared and 6points due to my heavy foot :( lol
So I was quite pleased, and its nearly halved from last year, all because I'm 25 :clap:

No mods unfortunately!!
Went to pick up my template today from the post office, that Richard (aka RDS) handmade me, but didn't get there in time :( so will more than likely go Monday if they are open, if not, then I have tuesday afternoon off work, so will pick it up then.

Ordered my trimming ready for the heat shield :D so hopefully that comes before I go to sunny Tenerife!!

So apart from the insurance, I took the family out for a walk including the dogs, pics below, thanks for reading.

ty4a9u9y.jpg

8e8evu5e.jpg