Seat Leon 150 tdi Cupra!

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
I've been waiting so long to post a progress thread, after forgetting my login to my other account a new one had to be made!

So here it is!

I've recently purchased my 3rd seat! Let's not mention the other two!

I've got a seat Leon Cupra 150 on a 2004 plate!
Picked her up from an older guy who just had a hip operation. Safe to say, it was in a poor paint work state when I got it!
I picked her up for £2800 with full seat history a turbo replacement and a full service just before I got it. She had 79,000 miles on the clock!
I don't have any pictures of when I first brought it but here is what it looked like two days after I brought it...

u7u7aja2.jpg

It originally came with 5 spoke heavy duty fox racing alloy wheels.
So I brought some Calibra vintage alloy wheels! And so me Coilovers to get rid of that horendous arch gap!
redazu2y.jpg

Then I smoked the headlights with fly eye to give it a more evil look

Unfortunately someone decided it would be a good idea to squeeze past while in stand still traffic which resulted in this!
namepa8y.jpg

The car went back to the body shop twice after they completely ruined it by leaving filler marks in the rear arch, sanding marks inside the door, silicone contamination all over the drivers side. I'm possibly the most anal person ever when it comes to my bodywork, I notice everything! In total that side of the car has been sprayed 7 times, they just couldn't get it right!

It came out of the bodyshop and it was now winter so me being me went for a winter detailing session,
The car was cut right back clayed polished sealed waxed sealed and waxed again just for extra protection. The end result was this.
a9asubyt.jpg

u5eseve9.jpg
8u7eja8u.jpg
hesutamy.jpg

Needless to say I was happy with the out come!

Now I really want to go lower and my wheels just aren't cutting it so I've decided to sell up!
I managed to get 220 for my wheels and a seat of standard Cupra wheels!
The car is now sitting all sad on these!
ery8umuj.jpg

Needless to say I hate them so I went down to wheel power to try on 3sdm's
gybygy2a.jpg

I decided I didn't like 19's so the next wheels are a surprise! They should be here next week! :)
These are pictures from it's last wash before I changed the wheels!
edybysy2.jpg

4y8a8epe.jpg

yby3yhyg.jpg

I hope you like it!

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
Don't get me wrong, the wheels really suited the car, but they just weren't big enough or wide enough.
So I've solved it by ordering 8.5j fronts and 9.5j rears! The calibras where 8j all round :(

The only engine modifications that I plan to do is a stage 1 and a stage 2 clutch! Purely because with the stance it's gunna be pointless going mad with it!
Yesterday I had the tracking done, the track rod ends were sized! Bad times!

7adupu5a.jpg

So an hour later along with lots of oxyacetylene we finally had a Leon that would steer straight!
myvupyve.jpg

And it's safe to say mpg was increased! :)
ahu9a4ad.jpg

Last edited:

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
So after having a bit of a shock when I had my tracking done, I had my brakes done too! Basically the garage said "how are you still stopping!" We took the rear pads out and they fell in to 3 pieces! Oops!
Then my friends girl friend washed my car like a good wench! Ha!
I have photographic evidence!
taja8uqe.jpg

Seat Leon 150tdi Cupra readers ride! http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393444

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
very tidy mate i like it! get rid of that rear wiper! the fly eye tint is ok but i tend to use the solid stuff looks much better up close

20130903_171320_zps170c197f.jpg

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Hey mate, loving the car at the mo, I actually have a soft spot for the standard Cupra wheels, maybe I'm just weird?

Those 3SDM look nice, are they standard silver? Have only seen them in 18s which look more chrome. Any hints on the new wheels? You staying euro/dished or going for something different?

Look forward to seeing some more updates :)

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
very tidy mate i like it! get rid of that rear wiper! the fly eye tint is ok but i tend to use the solid stuff looks much better up close

20130903_171320_zps170c197f.jpg

See they just aren't dark enough! For me, flyeye gave me the tint that I wanted I tried that laminex stuff but it was so hard to work with as well! I'm happy with the flyeye, although I am redoing it!

As for the hint on the wheels, all I'm going to say is concave where I'm heading! I was going to go dish but I couldn't find a set of wheels that were wide enough and within budget!
I've only ever seen the wheels I'm getting on one other Leon! I can't wait! I'm placing the order tomorrow! Have to wait a week though! Tbh, I am kind of liking the Cupra wheels but it looks more track stupidly low/ scene bellend that's not the look I want haha!

Seat Leon 150tdi Cupra readers ride! http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393444

Last edited:

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
Hmmm, concave and 8.5/9.5j and only one one other Leon? Something Rota, 3SDM or similar?

Someone's a good guesser! It's one of the two but I'm not gunna say which, I have massive love for them though! I was looking in to 9j and 11j Porsche twists but after someone went in to the side of me it's almost impossible to get the arches rolled :(

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Haha, I won't say any more then. Look forward to seeing what you've gone with :)

Yeah the twists looks nice but like you I like the deep dish and concave look.

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
i love concave if funds would allow me and i had a car worth putting them on i would get Vossens without a doubt... maybe on the next project ;)

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
Okay so after having a long think about what wheels I want I have decided to start saving for some seriously cool wheels like watercooled IND's or similar, so for now I have made a cheeky cheep purchase of some nearly new wheels off a friend, a sneaky pic,
y9adepad.jpg

These will only be staying for this years show season then come next show season there will be quite a few improvements to come!

A few wheel specs:
Staggered
8.5 fronts
9.5 rears
215 35 18 tyres
Possibly 15 mm spacers
Should make it sit pretty for a little bit.
Watch this space!
Also if any one has Instagram, follow me, Cwp93

Last edited:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Are they RS reps or you gone back to the calibres?

I like the WCI wheels but am impatient and drive my car daily so couldn't wait or risk scuffing them :p

Get some pics up when you get the temp wheels on mate.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members