- Leather interior
- All tech packs (incl navigator
- Dynamic
- Seat Sound System
- Etc....

Pimp
- Front foiled in black (90 quid)
- FR side emblems
- Cupra stickers (....are coming off, I just haven't gotten around to it)
- After-market SvF winter wheels, 18x8 ET 45 with 225/40 studded
- Come spring, it will be wearing 19x8 ET46 BBS Challenge rims in silver, with 235/35 Michelin PS2.

Wishlist
- Lower front springs, but nothing on the aftermarket yet for dynamic chassis

Some random impressions after my first 1000 miles
- Pretty damn fast, quite surprisingly. 0-62 in 7.1 secs seems very conservative. Feels almost like the S3's I've had. Not far off, any way.
- Quite nimble too, although the studded tires ruin every chance of grip. But that let's you explore already at low speeds how the car behaves. And it's fairly neutral, with the rear coming out a bit if you lift off mid corner.
- The Cupra 280 has another 100 ponies....can't see how that is ever gonna work. Already, the fronts stop spinning only at around 50 mph or more. Ok, with winter tyres, but still....
- DSG vastly much better than an old Golf R I had. Even ECO mode works quite well, although it keeps disengaging both clutches to neutral as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator.
- All of the interior is dead silent. Haven't had that even with any of my past Audis.
- No strange high-pitch noises at speed, something I've read about here at Cupra Net.
- Navigator a tad slow at times, but hasn't set a foot wrong. Good enought interface and graphics.
- Heard some complaints about the infotainment screen being too small, but I think it's perfect. I have no problem reading it, it sits perfectly quite far up the dash, and bigger would look just stupid (like in the Golf or Octavia).
- The leather interior is surprisingly classy. My test drive had the alcantara trim, not even close to the feel of mine.
- Brilliant storage facilities for a car this small.
- Only complaint is that the parking side mirror (the right one, in Sweden) automatically adjusts upwards when you put in the reverse. Insanely stupid, if anything I want it to tilt downwards so I can see the rims and the curbs. This will drive me mad, if my dealer can't re-programme it.
- Actually an astoundingly pretty car, way beyond my expectations. It will take months before I stop turning around every time I park it and walk away. Which, by the way, is that typical guy thing that girls simply don't get. Poor sods... :)

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

ma9mwah

Aug 13, 2009

you need to use the 'direct' url from that page.

e.g.
Code:
http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx4/Mikael_Eurenius/Leon001-2_zps4f751aed.jpg
and wrap that in a
Code:
 [IMG] ........ [/IMG]

Leon001-2_zps4f751aed.jpg

Last edited:

Stonesie

Apr 28, 2012
Doncaster
Do you have your pictures set to private? Even copying the links and pasting them into the search bar wont let me view it. (original post)

For image hosting I use imageshack.com or Facebook and don't usually have a problem as long as I remember to modify the Facebook links. They start https, you need to remove the 's'.

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
- Only complaint is that the parking side mirror (the right one, in Sweden) automatically adjusts upwards when you put in the reverse. Insanely stupid, if anything I want it to tilt downwards so I can see the rims and the curbs. This will drive me mad, if my dealer can't re-programme it

Hi RacerBice,
I had the same issue with my left mirror (as I'm in UK). Perhaps the cars leave the factory in that weird position as default. All I did was set the desired position for the tilt by doing the following (instructions amended for you):
- select R position on mirror controller
- engage reverse gear
- after mirror has finished tilting, change the mirror to the new desired position.
- disengage reverse gear.
Next time you put it into reverse it will lower to the new position. Give this a try and see if it fixes your issue :)

BTW nice spec on your car, hope you enjoy driving it as much as I do mine :D

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I give up.....

Are you using an app like tapatalk or website to post the images? Tapatalk is easiest method as you can upload pics straight from your device.

If website then I find using the advanced editor is easiest as you can just click on image button and it asks you to paste the URL where your image is and it does the code for you. I use Dropbox to host my images and that works fine for me.

Ma9mwah, was able to fix the link for you in post 6 it seems so the images do work? Nice pic btw, be nice to see the others if you can get it sorted :)

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Very nice car mate!

It will take months before I stop turning around every time I park it and walk away. Which, by the way, is that typical guy thing that girls simply don't get. Poor sods... :)

Yeah, tell me about it! Mine (the girlfriend) says I should sleep in/with the car :D

Last edited:

leonf

hello Racing Biker

Very nice car!!!

The silver and the wheels fit very well with the shape of the car.
What are your impressions of the dynamic chassis?
Are there major differences between normal, comfort and sport suspension mode?
What are the possible combinations?
Can you combine the comfort suspension mode with the sport drive profile in the individual profile setting?
And what are your impressions of the progressive steering?

Last edited by a moderator:

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
hello Racing Biker

Very nice car!!!

The silver and the wheels fit very well with the shape of the car.
What are your impressions of the dynamic chassis?
Are there major differences between normal, comfort and sport suspension mode?
What are the possible combinations?
Can you combine the comfort suspension mode with the sport drive profile in the individual profile setting?
And what are your impressions of the progressive steering?

Thanks! I thought the edges and swerving angles of the spokes really mate with the specific Leon shapes. Remains to be seen how the BBS CH's will work.

Anyway, there are clear differences between the various settings. In ECO default mode, suspension is quite comfortable. A bit on the firm side, yes, but that in part is also down to low-profile tires. And gear-change patterns is completely different from both NORMAL and SPORT, without ruining flexibility and adaptiveness to split-second decisions. You can still get the car to push at will. SPORT, obviously, firms up the ride quite significantly. Not extremely good at swallowing bumps etc, a bit fidgety (which also comes from the rather short wheel-base). But more focussed, and definitely more rail-like at high speed. I measured car height, too, and the stance is lowered by 10-12 mm in SPORT as compared to NORMAL. The latter setting is exactly what it sounds like. Here, the car acts truly like you'd expect of any average (dual-cluth or not) automatic gearbox. In fact, I rarely use NORMAL at all, ECO is that good. If I'm not really pushing (and I almost never do, since there's not much fun in that with wide studded tires on dry asphalt....winter is not what it usually is here in Sweden), I simply go in ECO mode and flip with the gearlever between ECO/SPORT modes for the gear-change pattern. This is done by simply pulling the gear-lever towards you. Regrettably, though, that red door illumination activates only in full SPORT mode and it is really quite nice for the ambience in the car.

In addition to the default settings, there is an individual one where you can combine yourself the characteristics of DCC chassis, engine (which includes gear-change pattern), steering and AC. But each parameter can only be set to "ECO", "SPORT", or "NORMAL", so in reality not much of variation when you already have three default settings. So again, I actually tend to stick to ECO or SPORT.
From inside, I haven’t detected any changes in engine sound from various settings. I think I may have read somewhere that there would be a difference, but if so I’d have to say it is barely noticeable.

All in all, I think DCC and the various dynamics settings work quite well. Certainly worth the extra money, and it wasn't even that expensive to begin with.

M

Ps. RacerBice is actually a playful word-game in SwEnglish. "Bice" is the phonetic sound of "poo" in Swedish.... Ehhrmmm....

RacerBice

Nov 25, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
nice car you have (minus the extra badges, not a fan). I would have chosen this color too but my previous mk2 leon is also "luna gray" (LS7Y code).

Thanks, gamer. :) And yeah, I know, there aren't many out there who do. But for me, the FR emblems really lift the car significantly. Those Cupra stickers, though, was just an experiment that absolutely didn't pan out even for me. So they're coming off, as soon as I manage to get my a*se out of my bu*t.

:)

leonf

Thanks! I thought the edges and swerving angles of the spokes really mate with the specific Leon shapes. Remains to be seen how the BBS CH's will work.

Anyway, there are clear differences between the various settings. In ECO default mode, suspension is quite comfortable. A bit on the firm side, yes, but that in part is also down to low-profile tires. And gear-change patterns is completely different from both NORMAL and SPORT, without ruining flexibility and adaptiveness to split-second decisions. You can still get the car to push at will. SPORT, obviously, firms up the ride quite significantly. Not extremely good at swallowing bumps etc, a bit fidgety (which also comes from the rather short wheel-base). But more focussed, and definitely more rail-like at high speed. I measured car height, too, and the stance is lowered by 10-12 mm in SPORT as compared to NORMAL. The latter setting is exactly what it sounds like. Here, the car acts truly like you'd expect of any average (dual-cluth or not) automatic gearbox. In fact, I rarely use NORMAL at all, ECO is that good. If I'm not really pushing (and I almost never do, since there's not much fun in that with wide studded tires on dry asphalt....winter is not what it usually is here in Sweden), I simply go in ECO mode and flip with the gearlever between ECO/SPORT modes for the gear-change pattern. This is done by simply pulling the gear-lever towards you. Regrettably, though, that red door illumination activates only in full SPORT mode and it is really quite nice for the ambience in the car.

In addition to the default settings, there is an individual one where you can combine yourself the characteristics of DCC chassis, engine (which includes gear-change pattern), steering and AC. But each parameter can only be set to "ECO", "SPORT", or "NORMAL", so in reality not much of variation when you already have three default settings. So again, I actually tend to stick to ECO or SPORT.
From inside, I haven’t detected any changes in engine sound from various settings. I think I may have read somewhere that there would be a difference, but if so I’d have to say it is barely noticeable.

All in all, I think DCC and the various dynamics settings work quite well. Certainly worth the extra money, and it wasn't even that expensive to begin with.

M

Ps. RacerBice is actually a playful word-game in SwEnglish. "Bice" is the phonetic sound of "poo" in Swedish.... Ehhrmmm....

Thanks for the information RacerBice !

So, in individual mode you can't set for example egine=sport suspension=comfort steering=normal ?

leonf

Yes, that's right!

I thought that all combinations were possible in the individual profile....not quite so, the drive profile options seem different from those of the audi and golf...

So the Leon with DCC has a firmer and even more sportier ride in sport mode setting and a more softer ride in eco mode than one without DCC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.