passenger mirror

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
it seems that when reversing the passenger mirror tilts down to aid this so you can see the kerb could someone tell me how this works cause i cannot get it to,but i am sure i read somewhere that they discontinued it i have a 63 plate leon fr 180 so could it be i have not got this feature:cry:

CJ1985

Jan 21, 2014
Rochdale
Not got mine ordered to collect 28th may :cry:, but read on here you need to put the mirror adjuster in the L position and should work if it's turned on my dealer told me last week it's back on but he's not sure. hope that helps

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
My 63 plate (built in Sept 13, registered mid October 13) doesn't have this either.

Not really something I miss really. I manually fold my mirrors when I park at home in order to get the car into the garage (without leaving any bits on the floor ;) ). When I unfold the mirrors I flick the switch from the fold position to L, and leave it there, then drive away. If I need to see the kerb when I reverse, just give the joystick a quick flick down, then up again before I get out.

The feature was removed mid 2013, I think due to some issues with the mirrors returning to the right position, see this thread here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=386721

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
If the car is 3-4months old it should have the dipped mirror feature. If it's 4-6 months old you probably won't. If it's older than 6 months you probably have it but it doesn't work!

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
it seems that when reversing the passenger mirror tilts down to aid this so you can see the kerb could someone tell me how this works cause i cannot get it to,but i am sure i read somewhere that they discontinued it i have a 63 plate leon fr 180 so could it be i have not got this feature:cry:

Hi Smurf,

Please see my post here for more details:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4353656#post4353656

You can see if your car was built with this feature, if it does have the feature it is activated like how CJ1985 described it - you need to put the mirror controller into L position then put car into reverse.

Hope this helps you :)

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Cj1985 is correct and then when you adjust the mirror to centre setting the mirror comes back up again

No need to change the mirror control back to centre, the mirror will go back up automatically after you switch the ignition off or if you drive forwards and go over about 10 mph. At least that's how it works for my car with passenger mirror tilt function (car built wk 50)

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
No need to change the mirror control back to centre, the mirror will go back up automatically after you switch the ignition off or if you drive forwards and go over about 10 mph. At least that's how it works for my car with passenger mirror tilt function (car built wk 50)

Pretty much how it works in my Golf Mk6, goes back automatically on driving off around the same time as the doors auto-lock clunk.

opst

Feb 21, 2014
Hello,

on all build weeks this feature can be enabled. You need VCDS and appropriate cable. More on stemei.de.

Rob

Don't think so.
We've checked with VCDS - in my car (48th week 1.4 122PS FR) there is no signal from positioners in mirror.
All was factory coded - settings as described at ie. stemei.de - but mirror doesn'work.

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
my car goes in to dealer tomorrow for problem with fuel flap i was going to ask them about mirror as mine does not work so i take it they can check with vcds apparently mine has not got this but in all brochures the fr has this function

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
my car goes in to dealer tomorrow for problem with fuel flap i was going to ask them about mirror as mine does not work so i take it they can check with vcds apparently mine has not got this but in all brochures the fr has this function
Hi Smurf, you are correct that all FR models have this tilt function but the feature has only been working properly on cars built from Dec 2013 onwards.

Did you check to see when your car was built? Once you find out the build week of your car then you can see which one of the following 3 scenarios you fall into as the tilt function was originally installed then removed and then reinstated again.

1) Cars which were built up to week 22 (w/c 27th May 2013) had this feature but users reported the mirror not returning after lowering so not working correctly.

2) Cars built from week 23 (w/c 3rd June 2013) to week 48 (w/c25th Nov 2013) didn't have this feature added at factory as the removed the feature completely.

3) Cars built from week 49 (w/c 2nd Dec 2013) has this feature reinstated and the feature works correctly. I can confirm this works as I have a week 50 car and all is good

I believe cars in Scenario 2 can have the tilt function activated in VCDS but it will not work correctly like the cars in Scenario 1. From initial checks in another thread it looks like a possible hardware update which were included in cars in Scenario 3 hence they all work.

If you find yourself in Scenario 2 I don't think the Dealers can do anything about it either.

what exactly is vcds and vag cable is this used for dianostic
Yep it is a diagnostic tool, it can be used to read info from your car's controller units and make changes to them too. So effectively you can enable/disable certain features which have been disabled for the UK market for example.

320i24v

Feb 17, 2014
Can I correctly assume that due to the fact that my car is being built this week that my tilt function will work properly? :whistle:

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
Can I correctly assume that due to the fact that my car is being built this week that my tilt function will work properly? :whistle:

You know what they say about assume... But yes, you are right on this occasion.

320i24v

Feb 17, 2014
You know what they say about assume... But yes, you are right on this occasion.

No, I don't know actually, but I am really really happy to hear that I am gonna to have this brilliant functionality added to my car as the Astra didn't have it so I badly scraped both the right side rims (we drive on the right side of the road so the right side parking is more tricky) :funk:

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
yes you are right AJ looked at vin no and car was built last july so has not got this function took car into dealers foe petrol flap and inquired about mirror when collecting it they said they cannot do anything with mirror they checked it out and cannot be done