passenger mirror

Mazza67

I find this annoying!! I got my car last Saurday, a 14 plate and this function is not on it. Can i assume that i can change it using the vcds and vag cable? Has anyone else who has a 14 plate got this feature?

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
I find this annoying!! I got my car last Saurday, a 14 plate and this function is not on it. Can i assume that i can change it using the vcds and vag cable? Has anyone else who has a 14 plate got this feature?

My FR is a 63 plate and has the feature. Despite your car being on a 14 reg, the car could have been built a few months ago and the dealer maybe has just only registered it for a 14 reg. Was your car a factory order or was the car already at the dealers when you bought it?

Again I would check your VIN against that website and you can see when the car was built and go from there. If it should have the feature, are you putting the mirror control in the correct position before you put the car into reverse??

Just my thoughts as I have read that other members who have just collected their 14 plate cars have the feature and it works.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Mazza67 posted his/her build date was 29/11/2013 so the week before it was reinstated. That'll explain why it doesn't work.

While it's not uncommon for cars to be registered months after build it's something I'd want to know when I was buying - am I getting a stock car or a new order.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Mazza67 posted his/her build date was 29/11/2013 so the week before it was reinstated. That'll explain why it doesn't work.

While it's not uncommon for cars to be registered months after build it's something I'd want to know when I was buying - am I getting a stock car or a new order.

Ahh well spotted! That explains it then :)
I totally agree with you, I too would want to know exactly when the car was built when ordering if they were not doing a factory order because if it was built just before a MY change you could miss out on additional specification being added to the new MY OR in SEAT's case loose out on specification that was on the previous MYl (like nets in boot and storage box under passenger seat :whistle: )

In fact, I was in a similar situation, my car was a factory order, and when My Dealer told me my car was being built in week 48, I replied to them and asked if they could put in a request to the factory to push my build date back if at all possible, as I really wanted that feature.

The factory responded to the Dealer and pushed my car's build week to week 50 (just to make sure the feature was there) so I was happy, especially having waited that long for the car to be built and then it not getting that feature I personally feel is very useful :)

Mazza67

You would think buying a new car like other people you would get the same features, i find this not right!! I just want to make sure that when reversing you have the mirror selection on the L one? Thanks for your replies guys.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
You would think buying a new car like other people you would get the same features, i find this not right!! I just want to make sure that when reversing you have the mirror selection on the L one? Thanks for your replies guys.

Yes Mazza, you are spot one. Put the mirror selection to L and stick in reverse and mirror will dip.

It is frustrating when the manufacturer changes specifications during the year but they do have something in the small print in their brochures that gives them the right to amend the specs as and if required by them :(

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
It's easy to activate via VCDS. I did in my 63 reg and it works perfectly.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
I realise that there is a few threads on this, this one had the most responses.

From doing research I understand that there will be no fix for this from Seat, despite them being at fault in the first place. This will affect all cars build until the re-release of this feature in November 2013 I believe, any early FR owners with this facility or SE/FR owners who activated this with VCDS will have to live with the fault.

Apparently Seat in their wisdom fitted a slightly different mirror part to early Leons, this part was not fitted to other MQB platforms cars from VW, Skoda or Audi.

The issue seems to relate to Potentiometers in the mirror unit which control the mirror position and if it does not return correctly (as it happening) will instruct the software to move the mirror a little bit further, thus retuning it to the set starting position.

New Leons have the different mirror design, so currently if this is a problem for you then I guess either a new car or replacement mirror unit is the only solution.

If anyone wants to look at this german forum, it provides some explanations:

https://www.seat-leon.de/vboard/showthread.php?102794-Beifahrerspiegel-Kippfunktion&highlight=spiegel

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
The issue seems to relate to Potentiometers in the mirror unit which control the mirror position and if it does not return correctly (as it happening) will instruct the software to move the mirror a little bit further, thus retuning it to the set starting position.

New Leons have the different mirror design, so currently if this is a problem for you then I guess either a new car or replacement mirror unit is the only solution.

Would love to know the part no's and costs if the mirror has serviceable parts inside and can be bought without a complete mirror assembly ?

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Would love to know the part no's and costs if the mirror has serviceable parts inside and can be bought without a complete mirror assembly ?

Me as well guess the painted cover won't be required or the glass but certainly the rest. I was close getting mine replaced under warranty they even ordered the part, prob as tech couldn't replicate on the day so no replacement fitted.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Someone had asked if you could lower both mirrors when reversing.

Rear vision mirrors
Synchronised regulation,
lower when
reversing, fold in after
parking.
⇒ page 122

Found in the manual (Rear vision mirror and Windscreen Wipers settings Menu)

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
I don't think that will auto dip both when engaging reverse gear - just when making general adjustments.

Last edited:

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
On pg 82 it lists the 3 menu options for rear view mirrors separated by a comma - its only the curb side that dips when engaging reverse. The sync setting adjust both when making manual adjustments.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
On pg 82 it lists the 3 menu options for rear view mirrors separated by a comma - its only the curb side that dips when engaging reverse. The sync setting adjust both when making manual adjustments.

You'r right I never noticed the comma's, so much for my higher english.:3rd:

CJ1985

Jan 21, 2014
Rochdale
Hope this helps,

Was looking on a spec sheet today and it's only the FR that has this option.

Mine is a 14 plate SE and doesn't work so this could explain why. Hoping I can turn it on when i get hold of a VCDS.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise