My 2011 170CR FR

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Decided to make a build thread, just so I can keep track of the changes I've made to my car lol but feel free to follow and comment :)

This was how I bought the car back in march.
syta9epe.jpg

7y3ytuhy.jpg

ejejuha8.jpg

Firstly I fitted a flyeye kit to my rear lights. And reflectors.
ga9aty5a.jpg
esugu8az.jpg

I also bought some black side repeaters but wasn't 100% happy with the quality but I FlyEyed them aswel and they look much better now
a7ebavar.jpg

I then decided to wrap my rear badge/boot handle.
eru5a6e6.jpg

Having darkened up the back end with the FlyEyes and vinyl, I thought the chrome leon looked out of place so I decided to Debadge it.
8u9aja4u.jpg

I then fitted some front LED side lights which look a lot better and have still not got any errors :thumbup:
aby9ujah.jpg

7y5ybuta.jpg

Yesterday I decided to paint the front grill chrome surround. I also wrapped the front seat badge black
tata5ury.jpg

I should have another FlyEyes kit being delivered this week to do the fronts.

As you can see I'm going for a white and black theme.

My next thing to do is fit my Eibach Spotlines lowering springs but struggling to find the time. I've also got a HID kit coming hopefully next week. After it's lowered It will be time to get some 18" alloys and also a triple r splitter :)

Cheers

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Looks good mate.

Be interested in how you get on fly-eyeing the headlights. I tried and failed, so want to remove them to do a proper job.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
My 2011 170CR+ FR

Looks good mate.

Be interested in how you get on fly-eyeing the headlights. I tried and failed, so want to remove them to do a proper job.

Cheers pal :)

Should be doing them Friday so I'll let you know how I get on :thumbup:

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
FlyEyes kit fitted to the front lights. Took me 30 mins as I didn't remove the lights themselves. Don't think I could have got it any better by taking them off to be honest :)

One side done.
ese6adat.jpg

All finished :thumbup:
yhavunug.jpg

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
My 2011 170CR+ FR

Finished spraying my wing mirror covers and what a difference it's made.
Before.
su6uva4y.jpg

After.
bu9yguza.jpg

:thumbup:

a8ususuz.jpg

Think that's enough for today :)

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
My 2011 170CR+ FR

Managed to get the car up on the lift at work today to prepare for fitting my sportlines on Friday.
Sprayed all the nuts and bolts that will need to be removed with a rust penetrating oil. Hopefully This means I won't shear or round off any bolts!
zy4ejy6e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Fitted my HID kit today which I bought off petey085 (a member on here) :)
a7apuza9.jpg

Fitting my sportlines on Friday so I'll post some pics of when they are on.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
My 2011 170CR+ FR

Sportlines are finally on the car and couldn't be happier :) the springs will settle in a few days so should have some better pics but here are a few pics of before, during and after.

Fronts before
ugynapuz.jpg

Rears before
zu5abahe.jpg

Rears all done, literally took 5 mins in each side.
teje3adu.jpg

Removing the old spring assembly.
buqy8e5a.jpg

Spring assembly complete with sportlines being installed.
ybybuzah.jpg

Fronts after
e8yzumyt.jpg

Rears after
du5u5e8a.jpg

How she's sitting at the moment.
utepybu4.jpg

Expecting another 5mm drop at least over the weekend as the springs settle :)
I'll post some more pics once I feel the cars sitting right :thumbup:

Last edited:

2G

Experienced Newbie
Jun 3, 2012
Scotland
Nice any noticable difference in ride comfort? Seriously need to do to mine but the roads round my way aren't the greatest..

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Not really mate, I was expecting the worst but it wasn't that bad at all get yours fitted....makes a massive difference to how the car looks

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
I'm happy with it mate, any lower and the wishbones would scrape on those annoying speed bumps. It feels exactly like the stock springs in the way of comfort. Handling feels better when cornering :thumbup:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise