Wheel nut caps

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
Just been out checking my tyre pressures and noticed that I've lost 6 wheel nut caps and that most of the rest were working their way off too. All are for the standard bolts - the caps for the locking ones seem to be a better fit. Looks like they need something extra to hold them in place. I remember my A3 having a substance a cross between chewing gum and blu-tack smeared on them for this purpose.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Strange, mine are a fairly tight fit and need removed using the plastic puller type tool.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Mine came fitted with all locking wheel nut covers which are large. Lost quite a few but dealer sent me a new set.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
Strange, mine are a fairly tight fit and need removed using the plastic puller type tool.

I thought mine were but apparently not.

Mine came fitted with all locking wheel nut covers which are large. Lost quite a few but dealer sent me a new set.

Checked and they are 2 different part numbers on mine, so they are correct part, but not a tight enough fit. Looks like I'll be buying some more and applying some goo!

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Anyone know what wheel nut size the leon uses? I have also lost a few wheel nut covers and need to order more.

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Lost a load of mine too...had the car 3 months and just started losing them. Checked and some were loose and pushed back on but still some worked loose. Bought some off eBay for about 5 quid which seem a better fit and actually look better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Lost a load of mine too...had the car 3 months and just started losing them. Checked and some were loose and pushed back on but still some worked loose. Bought some off eBay for about 5 quid which seem a better fit and actually look better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have you got a link to the eBay item jd?

2Stevo2

Oct 20, 2015
North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Washing the car today and realised i had lost loads of these!!

Checked the others and they are a little loose so opted for the ebay ones mentioned above. Must have been flying off all over the place lol

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
Lost 4 in the last two weeks, some are right on and others arecquute loose and just work their way off.

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
I always take them off.
I get my Eastern European friends to wash my car, the acid they use on the wheels turns the nut caps grey, so I keep the covers in the garage for when I sell the car. Then forget to refit them, so have a few in my garage.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise