tow bar advice

Derbian

Aug 12, 2013
Derby
Hi

2012/2013 ST

Bought a fixed flange towbar which was listed for the A4 estate from Towsure but it didn't fit. Took the back bumper etc off and the towbar itself went on OK but the tow ball bracket itself didn't have enough throw on it to clear the bumper. Later told that the shape of the back bumper changed at some stage and it only fitted earlier models.

Found a Witter detachable flange model that was listed for both the A4 and the Exeo ST and it fitted perfectly.

It's a pain taking all the side trim panels and the back bumper off twice so it's worth the extra cost of making sure you get one that's listed for the Exeo

Exomotive

Exomotive
Dec 4, 2015
Norfolk
Yeah, don't get a towbar that fits an A4 B6. The B7 has bumpers that protrude a lot more, front and back, and the Exeo bumpers are similar dimensions to the B7. They make the car much longer overall than the B6.

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
hi paul I got a detachable westfalia towbar for my ST fitted inc vat was £320 didn't fancy doing it myself when its detachached you don't know its there!!!

Paul

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
HI guys does anyone know if there is a diffuser that has a proper moulded cut out with a removable cover for the removable tow-hitch

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Thanks S70DGE, i don't suppose you know the part number? The way the bumper has been cut makes it very awkward to fit the removable part and get to the electrics. For obvious reasons the least amount of bumper has been cut away giving minimal gap to get the key in and out to lock and unlock the towbar. May be worth biting the bullet and replacing the diffuser.

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Called Seat today and was quoted £34.46 for the removable cover.
That's fine but I don't have the correct cut out out apparently, as it is has been done free hand the hole now only has 3 sides of plastic to it not 4. There is mention of a hole template to give the correct size and location anyone any idea on this would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
if youre a perfectionist like me then I would bite the bullet and buy the full diffuser there are two different choices on SEAT parts catalogue I would suggest giving them a call as there are few different PR codes they should be able to work it out with youre chassis number or failing that drop Dave an E-mail at Sere motors hes very helpful he has his own page on this forum

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Thanks S70DGE, I mentioned to Seat when I rang about the full diffuser they had no listing for it only the panel. I would rather replace the whole thing so I know it had been cut right, don't get me wrong whoever cut the current one hasn't done a bad job. Just would prefer more room and easier access.

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
what SEAT will have done is gone in with youre chassis number which will only list the parts its got fitted from the factory i work at a BMW main dealer but we have SEAT dealers within our group if you want to PM me youre reg i will get the part number off them and the price its up to you;)

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Thank you so much Dave at Sere Motors has been very helpful, rang the local dealer today who had never heard of that part but looked it up when i quoted it to him to check on availability. Apparently there is none!

This is the part number Dave gave me 3R0807434 9B9 if you are able to help quote and locate in the UK that would be great.

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
spoke to SEAT no dealers in the UK have this part it would have to come from Spain they quoted around 7-10 working days they quoted me £125.30 for it inc vat

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Thank you that's great, I wouldn't mind waiting a few extra days. How much would delivery be or could they deliver straight to me from Spain? So its £125.30 for the part in total.

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
No they wont send it direct thats through a Seat dealer so they will only send it to that dealer im in Bradford west yorkshire is that anywhere near you?i could get it for you but i estimate postage to be around 15-20 quid

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.