Model Year 2018 Changes

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Info for the German dealers from seat-leon.de - Note not all changes will apply to UK market models.

It's widely rumoured on there that the Active Info Display and new compatible sound / headunit will arrive in week 45 of this model year with details revealed later this year along with the orange colour seen at Geneva.

Changes in the 2018 model year

1. The basic prices are increased by 260 €. Exceptions are the 1.8 TSI with 360 €, as well as the CUPRA 300 with DSG and front drive with 410 €. The starting prices remain (Leon SC 14.990 €, Leon 15.490 € as well as Leon ST 16.640 €). In addition, the prices for many special packages and packages have been adapted (eg EMOTION package 30, - € more).

2. With the Leon ST with 4Drive, the 2.0 TDI (110kW / 150HP) is now also available with DSG transmission in the equipment lines Style, XCELLENCE and XPERIENCE.

3. For the new CUPRA 300, there is the "CUPRA BLACK-MATT-LINE":

BLACKMAT lacquer for
- 19 "light metal rims" CUPRA 300 ",
Outsides of the spoke high-sheen - mirrors
- CUPRA logo on the tailgate
- front grille frame
- lettering of the door sill trims front in black and glossy

4. In the "Reference" version of the "Front Assist with City Emergency Braking" now also standard.

5. The "LED interior light package" now also includes glove compartment lighting in LEDs.

6. In the "Leon" version of the Leon 5-door the "passenger seat backrest foldable" can be ordered for 90, - €.

7. The "Estrella Silber Metallic" is replaced by "Urban Silver Metallic".

8. The finishes "Emocion Red" and "Technology Gray Metallic" are no longer required.

9. The "SEAT Sport LINE Styling packages" [NB: the "large" packages with lip for bumper front, rear spoiler, ...] are not available for the foreseeable future. SEAT will therefore publish a separate report on future alternatives and the replacement of already ordered vehicles.

10. The Leon ST "Ecomotive" can be ordered neither for the "business package INFOTAIN" nor the "SEAT Sound System" for weight reasons.

11. The "TDI", "TSI" and "Ecomotive" letterings at the rear of our vehicles are no longer required.

Examples:

Customer bought a vehicle in the desired configuration until 24.04.2017 (ie yesterday), vehicle is produced before KW 22 -> Customer pays MJ17, Autohaushaus has ordered a warehouse vehicle which is produced from KW 22, customer bought it (up to and including 24.04.2017) -> Customer gets an MJ18, pays an MJ17, because the car house because of the price protection for customer vehicles the MJ17 prices are billed. (From 25.04.2017) -> Customer gets an MJ18, also pays an MJ18, as the car house the MJ18 prices are billed.

In summary it seems (and this may not be the case in UK until confirmed)!

*Routine price increase
*Cupra Black Line package returns for the 300 (as it was in MY15 onwards)
*Sports styling kit (factory fit) is TBA
*Solid Red and Technic Grey deleted
*Deleting the TSI/TDI and ECO badges on the tailgate

Last edited:

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Its not exactly worth hanging around for is it really? It's as expected due to only just releasing a face lift.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Its not exactly worth hanging around for is it really? It's as expected due to only just releasing a face lift.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nah. Hopefully the big stuff is later this year and if you were thinking of buying now then that wouldn't put you off anyway. I expect there's a few people waiting on the PP for Cupra which seems to be having some issues alas no mention of it.

Deleted member 73808

I expect there's a few people waiting on the PP for Cupra which seems to be having some issues alas no mention of it.

PP is on the configurator. I guess they probably won't let you order it unless you want to wait until 2018 for it.
I've been watching to see if the FPK was going to be in this change, looks like it's going to be a wk45 change now.
I'm curious to see how good it will be in a seat, saw one comment on a German forum saying the vw version is worse than the audi one!
Time will tell.

nbullus

Apr 21, 2017
I spoke to dealer as he hadn't put my order in on the system yet. He eventually confirmed that orders going in now for Ice Silver will be 99.9% sure of getting the replacement Urban Silver and hardly any noticeable difference between the two.

Urban Silver is called Floret Silver on the Audi if anyone wants to know what it will look like.

Good news if you have an order in now, bad news if you want to order new Cupra in Silver as its now going to cost you £575 extra as a paint upgrade. Be interested in how sales go now that standard red is disappearing and the no cost option is solid Mediterranean Blue.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
PP is on the configurator. I guess they probably won't let you order it unless you want to wait until 2018 for it.
I've been watching to see if the FPK was going to be in this change, looks like it's going to be a wk45 change now.
I'm curious to see how good it will be in a seat, saw one comment on a German forum saying the vw version is worse than the audi one!
Time will tell.

I don't have much experience of the Audi other than endless YouTube reviews but my brother has a GTI "7.5" with it and it's not the same for sure but wouldn't say it's worse. Just different.

Deleted member 73808

I don't have much experience of the Audi other than endless YouTube reviews but my brother has a GTI "7.5" with it and it's not the same for sure but wouldn't say it's worse. Just different.

It might be worth a trawl round dealers to sit & try both to spot the differences and what downgrades they might do for the "downmarket" end of the group's offerings.
Still undecided if to wait or go now - I kind of want to get a new car in summer so I can get used to it before it gets frosty and due to inexperience with the CAR I fall off the road. (I've only got a mk2 FR170)

billman

Dec 20, 2009
So active info display seems that it will be available after week 45 according to dieselface's post. Will it be standard or extra on the cupra? I was thinking ordering on September. Guess I'll have to wait till November.

Last edited:

Deleted member 73808

I would guess that it'll be an option for now, but maybe by the time the mk4 comes round it could be standard.

coxxic

Sep 29, 2006
CZ
www.absolutsystem.com
So active info display seems that it will be available after week 45 according to dieselface's post. Will it be standard or extra on the cupra? I was thinking ordering on September. Guess I'll have to wait till November.

3-4 dealers here in CZ confirmed me independently the active display as a standard for CUPRA model for orders placed after 23rd week or so. And lead time for Cupra ST 300 AWD with Performance Pack is 5-7 months. Which means in other words 7 months and more - quite insane :blink:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Spanish release. Wonder how long it'll take for the UK one...

http://www.seatfansclub.com/2017/04/seat-actualiza-su-gama-y-estos-son-los.html?m=1

Every year, in week 22, SEAT introduces important changes in its range. Details of equipment, internal nomenclatures, model codes, optional and engines, are updated.

New Lion:

Price increase throughout the León Range of approximately € 350. A new and expected 2.0 TDI CR 150cv DSG-7 4Drive engine is added for the X-Perience finish.

As for standard equipment, the Connectivity Box is added to the Cupra ST DSG 4Drive.

Where more changes need to be highlighted, it is in the optional equipment.

Now, the LED interior lighting package, adds LED in the glove compartment (Standard on Xcelence and Cupra).

The Cupra finish adds the matt black pack. This adds for 260 € front grille frame, exterior mirrors, Cupra logo on tailgate and 19 "alloy wheels in matt black color. Side moldings and rear spoiler are available in glossy black.

The more expensive navigator, called Navi System Plus, adds the "SEAT Media Control" already seen in some VW models. This new functionality allows the mobile devices of passengers to be connected via WLAN to the infotainment system, with the aim of offering a Experience "Rear Seat Entertainment"

The double trunk bottom, the rear armrests are now optionally available with the standard upholstery on the SC and 5P.

The Full link, now it is possible to incorporate it in the Reference versions for fleets.

As for content, Red Emotion and Technical Gray are eliminated. A new urban silver color is added.

In the taxi sector, a new Style finish, new equipment packs and a new 1.4 TGi engine are added.

billman

Dec 20, 2009
Nothing for the active info display though. Does this mean we won't see it this year on Leon range?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
From what I understand atm vwag is building too many cars for it's own good, filling all it's factories with the new models and production can't keep up. The new Audi a1 is to be built in seats martorell factory, the ateca being built in the czech republic has massive waits aswell

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
In the uk eclipse orange is now listed on various car buying sites. How can I get a confirmed list of my18 uk updates to see if this colour change is on there?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.