Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Custom code

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • other

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

moonman374

Feb 14, 2005
Rite i have done my searches and i cant see an obvious winner so thought i would do a poll

i have a standard 02 ibiza cupra mk3. totally standard as to engine parts

so wanna know ups and downs of each

thermalp4

Nov 1, 2004
South Wales
I've just had my Ibiza remapped by REVO and it was the new revised code as of a few weeks ago and its the smoothest code i've ever felt on a 1.8T.

All my MK4 Golf 1.8Ts always had the judder upon lift-off the throttle so did my LCR.

My IBIZA is real smooth and pulls like a train.

Thumbs up for REVO.

t_seat

Jan 1, 2006
i'm getting my car revo'ed tommorow, i'll tell you how i get on with it mate.

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
none all crap! :banned:

only joking jabba or custom(jbs) for 1.8T any you like for tdi!

which's one's closest to you is the best, less cost on fuel!

Last edited:

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
cant really compare revo to jabba or custom code as jabba and custom code are custom remaps for your car when revo is gerneric

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
cu51pra said:
cant really compare revo to jabba or custom code as jabba and custom code are custom remaps for your car when revo is gerneric

Custom Code P1 is generic too.

argueably so is jabba (certainly no more custom than SPS3 settings could offer with revo)

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
I cant comment having only ever had one remap, so can only give my account of the one ive got! Now if a magazine was to take a few cars with the same mods or standard and get each rr'd before and then after each has been chipped then that would be a way to compare, but then you ask, what do you prefer? High power, or smooth power?

I think the trials are a good idea, but then, most would have the one, and then enjoy the power so much, that they'd go for that, without shopping around and trying others.

bezzaboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
iv'e had 2 jabba maps one standerd and one on a ko3s both were very good but wanted a change so went over to cc now runing cc stage 3 :clap: wot ever map you do go for it won't be long before you want more power and you will it's very addictive i'm up at the pod on sunday so may see you there(silver mk3 black wheels)

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
only tried revo, but in my opinion its by far superior simply bcos of its mass availability and at £468 its one of, if not the cheapest remap there is out of those in question anyway...lots of other solutions tho just not as popular

i doubt very much the difference with just the remaps is even noticable on the road or track!

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
the only way to settle the remap battle is to have 1 car programed with each remap and then RR it, THEN you can say which remap is the best, other wise there isnt a best ,they are all round about the same

thermalp4

Nov 1, 2004
South Wales
But even if you you mapped each car with REVP, JABBA and Custom Code, even then, which one would be deemed the best? The one that put out the most power? Drivability?

I'll admit, that the 2 REVO maps i've had on my 2 MK4 Golfs in the past have yielded massive power gains but actually driving the car was not a pleasure in the end because the throttle was so "ON/OFF". Verry juddery upon lifting off the throttle.

But i've just had my IBIZA done with revised REVO code and its awesome. Very smooth.

Personally for me its either driving over 3 hours to Jabba or 20mins up the M4 to get REVO. Hence i've always gone REVO. And this time i'm a 100% satisfied.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I like the fact you can fine tune REVO with the sps, mess about with the boost and timing whenever you like, no one else does that. Plus theres the immobiliser option and being able to swicth it back to normal map.

flashbsd

anythign thats not generic IMO, ok as said, CC and Jabba are kind of generic, but they do map it so that the timing doesnt pull back, most of the revo'd cars ive seen pull back one way or another. THus the need for you to have an SPS3 to retard timings.

ALso revo seems to be purely boost, where as a jabba'd ibiza, for example, with 16psi can easily keep up with a revo'd one running 20psi. from first hand experience

dalepearson

Gadget Freak
Mar 25, 2004
West Midlands
The best remap is the one that the individual feels is best value for money, and gives a driving experiance that they enjoy / prefer the most.

For some thats Revo, for some its Jabba, or some other. Many people have good and bad opinions on all of them.

So best bet is to go out with some people who have the maps u like the idea of, or get the trials, and then make your decision.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.