08 Altea climatronic sensor location...

Bob_D

Jun 12, 2008
Help....can anyone tell me where the passenger side cabin temp sensor is supposed to be attached in the Altea ? I've just taken the glovebox out and the sensor was just dangling on its cable in free air!! There's a rubber grommet around its base which looks as if it should be fixed into a duct/bracket somewhere but I cant see any suitable hole for it. :think:

Last edited:

processpaul

Nov 24, 2006
Brighton
There are two places have seen them in that glove box area when I've had that out.

One is in the passenger side window/left duct. If you look through that vent grill, you should just be able to see one, if its not there then that's the one fallen out and the sensor with grommit just pushes into a hole in the duct work behind. Just look up and left.

The other one I have seem is sort of mid/lower of the centre console. The footwell duct work pulls out and its pushed into an area near a flap motor. Sorry not easy to describe.

Paul

Bob_D

Jun 12, 2008
Brilliant, thankyou [B)] Now I know where to look I can see exactly where it should have been. I was looking for a neat round cutout in a duct somewhere... but this seems to slot into a "+" shaped hole gouged into the plastic elephant's trunking just where it meets the vent grill connection.

Now all I have to do is get the airbag light to go out after triggering an error with the passenger air bag switch when I removed the glovebox :(

processpaul

Nov 24, 2006
Brighton
Just to add the sensor pushes in and you rotate it to hold it in place.

The VCDS forum has a list of users and there locations. Worth a search in that thread to find someone near you.

And briskoda.net and audi sport.net have users in their VCDS Maps using Google maps.

Bob_D

Jun 12, 2008
Hi Paul, Thanks for confirming that, I can see that the whole purpose of the grommet is to provide a seal against at the vent pipe entry. I did work out that the sensor had to be rotated to secure it in position, it's a shame Pedro didn't do that when he put it in on the production line :doh:

I did remember that that my Bluefin ECU remap tool does some system resetting so I reverted the remap to standard and hey presto airbag light went out. Re-implemented the remap and tis still out so all sorted without too much drama in the end :1st:

Thanks ever so much to all you guys who've helped along the way. :worship:

Bob

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.