09 reversing lamp/lense

widdy

Oct 31, 2002
Fareham, Hants
Visit site
Saw a 09 reg Altea this morning and as it passed I noticed that the rear reversing lamp/lense is different.

It was part red and part white, so was wondering if this is an easy interchangable part.

So hopefully we can be seen when reversing.

I know a lot of owners have complianed about the poor reversing lamp, so could this be the answer we have all been lookng for.

Cheers

widdy

Oct 31, 2002
Fareham, Hants
Visit site
I don't think so

On the right hand side was a full red unit (fog light) and on the left side of bumper was the part red/part white-clear unit (reversing unit).

Would be good if David could resolve the query.

4candles

I have an 09 Altea Stylance. Reverse and fog lights are still one single each side, and both have clear lense. But bulbs in both have multi LED look covers. So Red cover in Fog light give it a red/white look

Big Ejit

Wassamarranow?
Aug 8, 2007
Brum
The Reverse light red lens version is PNo. 5P5 945 223A
The Clear lens version is PNo. 5P5 945 223C

I was after the 223A version for our Altea but you can only get the newer clear lens 'C' version from the dealers as fitted to the new Alteas. They came out on the late 06 Alteas and superseed all previous versions. 100 % interchangeable and easy to remove.

Found a new original 223A on fleabay for £35 to keep the original look and to replace the broken one we inherited. I don't think there is a dramatic difference between the two in the dark. They are just too small, too low and the bulb is in too far to spread the light to any advantage.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members