1.4 hybrid revving higher after service

Bookerman16

Apr 9, 2016
Hi all, Had a service done on my leon hybrid last week and after a couple errors that I took it back for (oil cap left off, air box not secured) I’m sure my car is hitting higher revs than before.
Example, coming off a round about, give it a poke and it redlines. Now I cant be certain but I’m pretty sure it didn’t do this before. Certain it would have changed gear before that.
I did take it to the garage again for the securingbof the airbox (where the filter is held) and hoped it was pulling in too much air or something but its not fixed the higher revving.
The guy in the garage says it can take a bit of time for the oil to settle ( sounds like nonsense)
It was a smaller garage not Seat. Company car so we have no say in it.
Anybody any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
I noticed this behavior but it's pretty rare. Do you have DCC? If yes, which drive mode did you use? High reving happens for me when I'm in Eco or Normal mode and DSG doesn't really know what to do when I'm somewhere in between gears. And I'm not even flooring it, the gas is pedal is just halfway through.

Reactions: Bookerman16

Bookerman16

Apr 9, 2016
No it doesn’t the dcc option. Mine is always fixed in user configured mode, set to sport.
I’m hoping the garage is right and it will sttle down soon. Just sounds a bit far fetched

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
No it doesn’t the dcc option. Mine is always fixed in user configured mode, set to sport.
I’m hoping the garage is right and it will sttle down soon. Just sounds a bit far fetched

Sport always worked fine for me, no reving issues.

I've heard "it will settle down" 2 days ago on a different issue. Guess what, it didn't work

Reactions: Bookerman16

Bookerman16

Apr 9, 2016
Sport always worked fine for me, no reving issues.

I've heard "it will settle down" 2 days ago on a different issue. Guess what, it didn't work
Lol yeah I’m figuring that as well. I’m certain my mpg has dropped aswell. I’ll give it a week or so to gauge it then try and get booked to the main dealer to try and fix it.
winds me right up the way they try and save a couple quid and we end up with issues after these garages get their hands on it

Reactions: adrianator
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members