1.4 Twincharger

Aug 22, 2020
I'm pretty sure there are 2 versions of the twincharger, the first production one and a revised one (so my friend says). I have always been curious about which one mine is. Apparently, the bad ones are the ones before 2012 but mine is a 2012 facelift so has the new model front bumper and stuff. My car was registered in May of 2012. Just wondering if anyone knew if my 1.4 twincharger is the bad one or the revised one.

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Hi bud,

Best way to tell is the engine code, when the engines were updated from Seat they had a different pre-fix. I know if it starts CTHE it is updated and the CAVE are a non-updated engine.

There is a couple of other codes but as I’m not 100% on these I wouldn’t want to speculate just in case I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BocaBill

Mar 31, 2020
2012 more likely a revised CAVE or CTHE engine, Battery in the boot is a tell tale sign.

Pop the bonnet and look for your engine code, this should be on a pressed plate within the engine bay.

Aug 22, 2020
2012 more likely a revised CAVE or CTHE engine, Battery in the boot is a tell tale sign.

Pop the bonnet and look for your engine code, this should be on a pressed plate within the engine bay.
My battery is in the boot but I'll defo have a look and see if I can find the engine code. Cheers mate.

Aug 22, 2020
Hi bud,

Best way to tell is the engine code, when the engines were updated from Seat they had a different pre-fix. I know if it starts CTHE it is updated and the CAVE are a non-updated engine.

There is a couple of other codes but as I’m not 100% on these I wouldn’t want to speculate just in case I’m wrong.

Cheers mate I'll have a look

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
Cheers mate I'll have a look

No probs mate, like [mention]BocaBill [/mention] said though if it was taken into Seat and had the updated parts fitted then it may still be on the CAVE engine code for example.

It’s a good start that the battery is in the boot as this is a positive sign that it will have the “better” engine.

Reactions: alexharding_ah
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise