1.4TSI 150 induction kit

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
Hi guys,

I know there isn't a great amount of mods available for the EA211 engine but has anyone seen any induction kits that will fit the 1.4 150?

Really want a cold air induction kit as opposed to just installing a cone that will suck in warm engine air.

Cheers

Ricky

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
problem is the engine layout in the new 1.4 is dire mate, so designing a cai would be a bit complex and therefore not many if any would bother given what it was. Maybe revo might one day release it to go with their map but who knows. Ill have a google cos im bored, see if i can dig owt up.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I tried to find any air intake kit, but no luck.
Fitted in K&N replacement filter..

Last edited:

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Sent a quick tweet to Revo about this and they said "Its something we're looking into, in the meantime we have the foam panel filter to replace the original element"

In the mean time i've done the unthinkable and ordered a pipercross foam cone filter and some 2.5" stainless to locate the filter in the big void in front of the battery, probably with some cold air ducting and a heat shield.

I removed all the factory air box and pipes one day last week to take some measurments and whatnot for the plan, gave it a rev while everything was off and it sounds incredible! Should sound even better through stainless steel piping.

As for performance i cant see it doing much, if anything (may even possibly lose a horse or two), unless the turbulence things being removed free's up the breathing a little.

Waiting on delivery of the filter, hopefully i'll have it all on by the weekend and i'll report back :thumbup:

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
Sent a quick tweet to Revo about this and they said "Its something we're looking into, in the meantime we have the foam panel filter to replace the original element"

In the mean time i've done the unthinkable and ordered a pipercross foam cone filter and some 2.5" stainless to locate the filter in the big void in front of the battery, probably with some cold air ducting and a heat shield.

I removed all the factory air box and pipes one day last week to take some measurments and whatnot for the plan, gave it a rev while everything was off and it sounds incredible! Should sound even better through stainless steel piping.

As for performance i cant see it doing much, if anything (may even possibly lose a horse or two), unless the turbulence things being removed free's up the breathing a little.

Waiting on delivery of the filter, hopefully i'll have it all on by the weekend and i'll report back :thumbup:

I don't know a great amount about petrol engines but if you are only after the forced induction engine noise why not just get a panel filter? I was looking at the revo one

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
Ah I see. At the moment I really want to do something with the intake, get a remap or DTUK chip and get a spoiler fitted.

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
DTUK box is ideal if you're worried about keeping the warranty, if not revo have just released the software for their stage 1 map that'll take the 150 straight to 200bhp with no supporting mods

I've been looking at a spoiler too, tgeres an eBay jobby that's supposed to be the business, around £110 + painting and fitting obviously

The triple R splitter looks awesome too, gives the front end a really aggressive look

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
I've only had my 1.4 for a few weeks so worried about making too many changes incase I decide to hand it back at the end of the PCP deal and go cupra!

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
I'm in the same boat mate, only had mine two months, just keep any standard part to go back on when you give it back, I've already put a milltek cat back exhaust on mine but I've kept the standard exhaust to go back on when I give it back and sell the exhaust on then. I'm looking to go cupra after this to haha

Liquid Tension

Feb 2, 2016
If I'm not removing the stock airbox is there any point in getting a Revo air filter? Should I just hold out for a more complete Revo intake?

jadajo38

Nov 10, 2015
Above mentioned Revo filter for the 1.4 is now £90! o_O

I just looked, it's a different filter but that price jump is unbelievable! When I went to my local revo dealer for a price for a remap I asked if they had the filters in stock or were they ordered in and his reply was "they're ordered in but they're currently working with pipercross to develop a better one"

So this new one is just a pipercross filter with revo written on it lmao

I'm still awaiting my pipercross cone filter :whistle:

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.