1.8 TSI engine specifications?

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
So far I've seen three different power and torque specifications for the 1.8 TSI:

In the spanish brochure, UK brochure, bulgarian website:
Power: 180PS (132kW) @ 4000-6200rpm
Torque: 250Nm (184lb.ft) @ 1500-3900rpm

In the german website/brochure:
Power: 180PS (132kW) @ 5100-6200rpm
Torque: 250Nm (184lb.ft) @ 1250-5000rpm

In the user manual downloaded from this forum:
Power: 180PS (132kW) @ 5100-6200rpm
Torque: 250Nm (184lb.ft) @ 1250-3900rpm

So, basically the power and torque figures are the same, however the rpm-s are different and I am wondering if there are different engine specifications for different markets or the specification were not finalized (in the UK brochure they're labeled as "provisional data"). Where can we see the final specs?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
This is the data included with the Leon's press pack.

tsi_engines_leon5f.jpg

I've been searching about data on the 1.8 TSI over the weekend since I drove one on Saturday.

It appears the Leon's 1.8 is a version of VW's latest EA888 Gen3 1.8 engine. But not sure on engine codes (forgot to look at the code on the car I test drove)

Bit more technical data on it here that I came across

http://www.aachener-kolloquium.de/pdf/vortr_nachger/2011/a1.1_wurms_audi.pdf

First things I've noticed from the technical data that interested me, are the dual injection system (which may stop them coking up like the Mk2 Leon Cupra EA113 ??) and an electronic wastegate on the IHI turbo.

Last edited:

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I am also very interested in this engine. My mk2 Leon is using the gen2 with 160PS and I like it very much. I've researched a lot about it and was very excited when they announced the gen.3 which now uses both indirect and direct injection. As with the previous generations it is entirely developed by Audi and I believe it is only used by Audi, Seat and Skoda and not VW (they have their own 1.8 which is not EA888).

I have some materials regarding the gen.3, and I will post them later today when I have more time. I had quite a difficult choice between 1.8 TSI and the 2.0 TDI 183, and the dealer knew that I was going for the diesel until I went to sign the order and changed my mind for the 1.8 TSI in the very last moment :D My mk3 SC FR with 1.8 TSI manual will be built in week 40 and while I wait for it, the geek in me wants to know EVERYTHING about the car and the engine ;)

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Indeed. SEAT offering something you can't spec in a Golf shocker.

ZBOYD - engine is CJSA.

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
I am also very interested in this engine. My mk2 Leon is using the gen2 with 160PS and I like it very much. I've researched a lot about it and was very excited when they announced the gen.3 which now uses both indirect and direct injection. As with the previous generations it is entirely developed by Audi and I believe it is only used by Audi, Seat and Skoda and not VW (they have their own 1.8 which is not EA888).

I have some materials regarding the gen.3, and I will post them later today when I have more time. I had quite a difficult choice between 1.8 TSI and the 2.0 TDI 183, and the dealer knew that I was going for the diesel until I went to sign the order and changed my mind for the 1.8 TSI in the very last moment :D My mk3 SC FR with 1.8 TSI manual will be built in week 40 and while I wait for it, the geek in me wants to know EVERYTHING about the car and the engine ;)

When did you order your 1.8tsi manual and did you add many options?, I ordered mine 21st August but have had no build week yet
Thanks

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
I've ordered it one week ago. The dealer told me that few days were needed for the order system to process the order and provide build week so today he told me this would be week 40. As for the extras, I was told there were only two options that would certainly slow down the order with 4 weeks each - 18" wheels and sunroof, so I skipped them and ordered everything else - LED lights, sat nav, full leather with winter pack, convenience pack, SEAT sound system, driver assistance, interior led, etc. and in Emocion Red. I skipped also the tiredness recognition and rear seatbelt reminder but I am sure that doesn't make any difference. Take in mind also that I am in Bulgaria, hence a left hand drive and those could be manufactured on a separate production line(s), probably depends on demand for left vs right hand drive and UK is undoubtedly a huge market with huge demand and if its only a single line for right hand cars, it could be slower, who knows...

Last edited:

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
I've ordered it one week ago. The dealer told me that few days were needed for the order system to process the order and provide build week so today he told me this would be week 40. As for the extras, I was told there are only two options that would certainly slow down the order with 4 weeks each - 18" wheels and sunroof, so I skipped them and ordered everything else - LED lights, sat nav, full leather with winter pack, convenience pack, SEAT sound system, driver assistance, interior led, etc. and in Emocion Red. I skipped also the tiredness recognition and rear seatbelt reminder but I am sure that doesn't make any difference. Take in mind also that I am in Bulgaria, hence a left hand drive and those could be manufactured on a separate production line, probably depends on demand for left vs right hand drive and UK is undoubtedly a huge market with huge demand, who knows...

Thanks for that, I ordered 18 inch wheels plus tech pack, seat sound etc so hope that doesn't slow it down too much, I was told that its usually 10 to 12 weeks which would take it to beginning of November but it could come sooner mm will just have to wait, problem is they wanted my car off me straight away ( they gave me top whack for it) so can imagine getting a bit fed up the longer I wait

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It's the 18" Performance Alloys that are slowing down manufacture, Titanium Pack 18's isn't too bad.

I've ordered mine with a sunroof so 10+ weeks is the current estimates, but I'm prepared to wait for what I want. :)

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
It's the 18" Performance Alloys that are slowing down manufacture, Titanium Pack 18's isn't too bad.

I've ordered mine with a sunroof so 10+ weeks is the current estimates, but I'm prepared to wait for what I want. :)

Too true, it's no good compromising just to get it earlier, would only regret it later. I'm off on holiday this weekend for 2 weeks which will help a lot. Hopefully dealer will have some news when I get back

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
problem is they wanted my car off me straight away ( they gave me top whack for it) so can imagine getting a bit fed up the longer I wait

Same here :( I am currently without a car and already getting crazy in the wait. I wanted the 18" and the sunroof but decided I prefer having a car sooner without them rather than waiting until New Year...

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
Great to see how many people are going for the 1.8!

Does anyone know if this has a FMIC or a SMIC? I couldn't see much skimming through those PDFs.

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
Excuse my ignorance but whatdoes FMIC & SMIC mean?

Sorry Lawto, I'm too used to spouting off abbreviations :)

I see CyberGene beat me to it! Reason I asked is I knew some of the older 1.8Ts and 1.9TDIs had Side Mounts (sometimes 2) whereas my old 2.0 TDI had a Front Mount. I'm just curious as to the 1.8TSI :D

Lawto48

Aug 26, 2013
Sorry Lawto, I'm too used to spouting off abbreviations :)

I see CyberGene beat me to it! Reason I asked is I knew some of the older 1.8Ts and 1.9TDIs had Side Mounts (sometimes 2) whereas my old 2.0 TDI had a Front Mount. I'm just curious as to the 1.8TSI :D

Thanks for that, would never have guessed it, I will impress my son with that tonight:clap:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.