110 or 130 TDI? Which one

jizzleb

Hi,

New on here, looking for a Leon for the other half as she has to drive a fair bit for a new job and debating the 110 or 130 MK1. Test drove a 130 and liked it, but not sure if there's that much benefit over the 110 other than a bit more poke?

Any suggestions to sway my decision will be appreciated :)

Cheers

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
Hi,

New on here, looking for a Leon for the other half as she has to drive a fair bit for a new job and debating the 110 or 130 MK1. Test drove a 130 and liked it, but not sure if there's that much benefit over the 110 other than a bit more poke?

Any suggestions to sway my decision will be appreciated :)

Cheers

I have a se 110 and cant fault it :)
Done a few things here and there, including a remap, and it has plenty of poke and still gets 50+mpg.

The SE suspension is a little firm, (due to it being a Seat Sport tdi, theyre rebadged as SE for the UK market) but with standard wheels, it was spot on. Plenty of grip considering the lump up front, and easily sits 4 adults.

Avoid the imperial blue pearlescent paint, if you dont like stone chips (due to 'soft paint', the colour was discontinued), it looks beautiful in the sun (when clean and polished lol), but if your fussy, the stone chips will start to piss you off....:think:

Dont be put off by "high milers" (if been serviced regularly) but also be aware of "clocked" cars, as it is fairly easy to do. ie. steer clear of no MOT's with car, or S/H

Other than that, I have a car that has done 106k genuine miles, and not one bit of trouble,
(apart from maf sensor, [just needs cleaning!] and a tensioner gave up the ghost and broke the alternator - wear and tear)
and she never misses a beat.
link to some pics

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
Avoid the imperial blue pearlescent paint, if you dont like stone chips (due to 'soft paint', the colour was discontinued), it looks beautiful in the sun (when clean and polished lol), but if your fussy, the stone chips will start to piss you off....:think:

Bloody wish someone had told me that

mind you would still have the imperial blue, it is very nice, expecially in the sun

garry01

May 12, 2009
kent
yup mines dashed in stonechips too, but body work wasn't an issue when i got mine as thats my job, i have the 110 and love it, never driven the 130 to compare tho.

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
wouldnt mind a 6 speed box tho

am i right in saying the 130's are a pd engine and the 110's arent??

EDIT: dam beat me to it^^

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2007
Reading
its not worth it mate, the 6 speeder is ratio'd to give the same final drive as the 5 speed box, so all that means in real term driving is that you have to change gears more times in a 6 speed box to get to the same speed as a car with a 5 speed box. Meaning if you had a 5 speed and 6 speed in the same powered car the 5 speeder would be quicker.

Either way motorway cruising speeds, the revs are pretty much the same!

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
dont understand what you mean mate.

However, it would be good if there was a 6th gear on the current 5 speeder box

downrodeo

Apr 12, 2009
West London
A extra gear can either be used to allow for better economy or closer ratios for faster acceleration.

Exactly. What I mean is, that if the six gears provide the same top end as the five gears, then the sixth gear must start further up in the speed range than the 5th on a five gear gearbox. So at 2000 revs in sixth gear you're doing a higher speed than 2000 revs in fifth, which means on motorway cruising speeds you'll get better mpg... I'm guessing anyway.

Edit: I'm not sure what I'm talking about really, so apologies in advance.

jizzleb

ok thanks everyone, so looks like a 110 will be fine for us then which is a bonus.

Right i'm on the hunt now, if any one knows any good 110's for around the 5k to 6k region near Southampton let me know!

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
Yea, spec wise they are basicaly the same. When we where looking the 110 and 130 had the same specs, exept engine and box. When i lloked at servicing the 130 was more expensive, so was the insurance.
we decided to go for the 110 and dont regret it!
Will be getting a remap and the gains can be big!

Last edited:

jizzleb

sounds good to me! What would you guys expect to pay for a 110 TDI with around 50K on the clock. I have been looking and they all seem around the 5k mark give or take.

Cheers

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
I paid £4700 for mine with 62K, FSH, 1 owner and lots of recepts from a Seat dealer in december, with 12 months warranty, and a year MOT and tax.
oh yea tax is only £120 a year!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise