2.0 170 fr exhaust smell and white smoke

xxjay247xx

Jul 14, 2012
Wales
Hi I have an 07 170 fr, I've been experiencing problems with a very strong exhaust fumes coming from the car and what seems to be white smoke on tick over.

The smell is so strong that when I stop at lights for example it will come through the vents..

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

I've been told that it could possibly be the turbo or faulty fuel injectors.

Thanks!

Paul Smith

Sep 10, 2018
I'd start with checking the connection from the turbo to the exhaust. To make sure it's right and sealed.

ThirdLeon

Mine does this after being sat over night. Something is leaking oil I think but unsure what exactly... So far ive read that it could be the turbo, injector seals or tandem pump. Also heard the cam timing being out can cause this - after having timing belt done.

Paul Smith - Good call on turbo connection to exhaust, ive heard of this too. Can this be checked without getting underneath?

xxjay247xx

Jul 14, 2012
Wales
I'd start with checking the connection from the turbo to the exhaust. To make sure it's right and sealed.

Checked under the car last night and there is a leak in the exhaust, will be fixing this over the weekend.

However this still doesn't explain the white smoke or the smell really, so going to go with the other suggestion and get the timing checked.

Turbo seems fine, all the power is there but will get this checked also. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members