2.0 TDI CR Stalling Under Acceleration

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
Hello,

I have recently developed a issue with my car and i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I can be driving along fine but then all of a sudden the engine starts jumping as if it is going to stall. It only seems to do this when accelerating. I was able to drive the car a small distance but had to accelerate very very slowly otherwise the engine would stall. I had no warning lights on the dash at all. I left the car for the day and when i returned it seemed to be fine so i drove it home.

The next day on the way to work i got about half way in when it started again. This time i pulled over and turned the engine off for a minute hoping that it would resolve the issue enough to get me to work. I started the engine back up, revved it up to around 4000 rpm to see if it would splutter and it didn't. I then tried to pull away but the minute i started lifting the clutch the engine spluttered and stalled. I tried this multiple times but got the same response. I then thought i would rev the engine quite high and lift the clutch to see if that would work. This time the engine sputtered but didn't stall and i got a flashing coil light on my dashboard. After that i think that car went into limp mode as a i was able to drive it normally but it has no power what so ever.

Does anyone have any idea what i should be looking at that would cause a problem like this?

Thanks in advanced
Oliver

VeeFource

Dec 5, 2014
I would have said EGR as when these start to jam they do so when trying to close the valve during acceleration and they're a part well known for failing. However it normally throws an engine management light when this happens so it may not be the case.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members