2.0tsi (190) sports cat cost- cheaper to get one custome made?

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Hi all
I am looking to get the car remapped, and have read about removing the precat for better flow and a few more bhp.
Then I started to consider a sports cat downpipe. But they dont seem too easy to find
Any recommendations ?
The one thing that did come up was about getting a sports cat on its own and then getting a custom down pipe made. Anyone done this at all?
what is the cost of this ? and does anyone have any names of firms in kent?
I down want a ridiculously noisy pipe but if it can improve the power pre remap It might be worth considering.

TIA

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Don't waste your money - The DKZA (190ps) & the DNUC (290ps) both use the SAME exhaust pipe with cat and particulate filter!
If your cat is fitted to (and flows enough for) the 290 will be fine for a remapped 190!

Reactions: Stringman

Lord_Nikkon

Jul 18, 2020
Poland
Basicly DKZA and 300hp engine in late stage of MK3 production was exactly the same. Difference was in turbo size. DSG is also the same (clutch, gears etc).

I spoke with TVS and they confirmed this observations. They told me that exhaust system is same, however they recommend to change intake system and intercooler for more efficient one. I didn't do it because i feel fine what i got especially with how DSG works afer reprogramming

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Basicly DKZA and 300hp engine in late stage of MK3 production was exactly the same. Difference was in turbo size. DSG is also the same (clutch, gears etc).

I spoke with TVS and they confirmed this observations. They told me that exhaust system is same, however they recommend to change intake system and intercooler for more efficient one. I didn't do it because i feel fine what i got especially with how DSG works afer reprogramming
They are actually mechanically quite different -
DKZA is an EA888 GEN3B - the B being important, as it runs a Budack combustion cycle (version of the Miller cycle which is more efficient at the expense of power vs otto ) and higher compression ratio or 11.6 vs 9.6.

Reactions: queen

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Don't waste your money - The DKZA (190ps) & the DNUC (290ps) both use the SAME exhaust pipe with cat and particulate filter!
If your cat is fitted to (and flows enough for) the 290 will be fine for a remapped 190!
Maybe I will just get the precat removed!

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Maybe I will just get the precat removed!
Looking at the high power versions of the EA888 they lost around 3% when the added a GPF - so for your 190, that would give you around 6ps more - only at full throttle!
For me, the cost and difficulty for removing the GPF would not be worth 6ps!

Stringman

Dec 23, 2021
Super V8
Thanks for the replies.
Although I agree with you about the cost of a sports cat, the removal of the pre cat is a bit of effort and very little cost. If it gains 3% power thats a pretty good increase. I ride motorbikes and my current bike in stock had about 104bhp at the wheel. The race(legal with baffle in) exhaust added about 6bhp ( at a cost of £800) and a remap the same again at £400 so 6 bhp for an hours work feels like a good deal to me

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise