• Both

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So just throwing out 2 ideas for meets I've seen floating about or maybe just inside my vast open space that is my head haha

This thread has a poll in it which you cannot see in Tapatalk so please sign into the website from a browser to vote for your preference.

1st is a trip from South Coast to Scotland (or swapsies) traveling between SEAT / CUPRA garages as points of interest and places for people to join in for a trip that suits them.

Maybe plan for a long weekend when people are available and make the trip easier to sort with more time. Sort points for hotel stops and see if we can get the most amount of members for a meet as possible in the Midlands for a half way marker.

Maybe even get some cars from SEAT UK so we can review them with a big fun filled trip with many pics etc.

Here's a current list of CUPRA garages that they provide

Screenshot_20191030-205225__01.jpg

2nd option is to take a bunch of us and travel to Barcelona or near by when SEAT have a show or release something of note.

Idea being that we can have multiple people in cars to keep people occupied, also as above try and get some hire cars from SEAT UK to review on the trip along with some our own cars if you so wish... Or even a SEAT bus lol

All meet at Dover for a trip in the channel tunnel and then it's an epic 14 hour journey (stop over is wise unless we have multiple drivers) then go for the show and then drive home with a few stop offs if people fancy it.

Screenshot_20191030-205819__01.jpg

Always open to ideas and thoughts.

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I think the idea travelling up/ down uk allowing people to join as they wish is a great idea.
Like you say a meeting point half way would allow for a large get together.
The Spain trip is also a good one but for me personally with 3 kids and not a great deal of time I might struggle. Also thinking about the mileage on the old girl. :)
Sure I’ve got an old magazine pull out somewhere in my stash of car mags where seat took 3 or 4 cars to Spain and stopped off at the towns the cars were named after. :think:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I think the idea travelling up/ down uk allowing people to join as they wish is a great idea.
Like you say a meeting point half way would allow for a large get together.
The Spain trip is also a good one but for me personally with 3 kids and not a great deal of time I might struggle. Also thinking about the mileage on the old girl. :)
Sure I’ve got an old magazine pull out somewhere in my stash of car mags where seat took 3 or 4 cars to Spain and stopped off at the towns the cars were named after. :think:
Yeah the forum did a trip like that in a new ibiza I think (@Syphon maybe able to confirm as he was there)

The UK trip will be easier to sort out in sure as people drive what they like and just hand the meet over to any new people, I'd like to do the whole thing if I can but it's a big ask for fuel and hotels etc. Maybe get the forum banner outside our locations and get loads of photos for a big photo book of all our members that attend...

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I like the idea of going to Spain but I suspect logistically it would be difficult and may be more of a small do, a bit like the NC500.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I like the idea of going to Spain but I suspect logistically it would be difficult and may be more of a small do, a bit like the NC500.
I think to help people if it was to go ahead, I'd book what myself and a passenger are going to do/stay and then people can join if they wish... Instead of making it oh stay here or here lol I love me a Premier Inn type place so cheap but functional.

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Just seen this, I'd be down for either, won't have the mileage limit from the black box then either so I'm definitely down

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I think the UK trip would be a much easier option especially for people with children like me. If if goes ahead I would like to know as I would be up for the UK trip or at least half of it.

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk