2007 Alhambra Stereo Upgrade

xs2man

Sep 24, 2015
Guys,

I'm wanting to upgrade the stereo in my 2007 Alhambra. I have a thing for having Bluetooth in all my cars, so the standard "odeon" stereo isn't cutting it.

So, usually I'd just throw in some £100 head unit that has USB and BT and be done with it. But I can't seem to find an adapter kit that gives me a single DIN cubbyhole too.

Also, I fancied DAB, and so my eye has been drawn towards the RNS315 or RNS510 units. Although I do think they may be a little more pricey than I am hoping for.

The RNS 315 isn't too bad, but it doesn't look square. I assume the standard double din will slip out, and another standard DD will slip in. But the 315 / 510's look more rounded around the edges. Is there an adapter to account for this?

Or am I better off getting one of those fugly Double DIN units at around £140 (like this : http://www.halfords.com/technology/...t-double-din-car-stereo-with-parrot-bluetooth)

And do I need an aerial adapter for this?

leontsibob

Feb 6, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Its up to what u put in, I put a 315 dab in, its brilliant, u could go android or go other, the choices are endless, if u get a 315 or 510 u will need a fakra split aerial adapter and a double din fascia u can buy them off ebay or contact Dave sere on here, give him your vin and he will be able to match the colour for oem look

xs2man

Sep 24, 2015
Excellent. I do fancy the 315 to be fair. Looks decent spec for the money. I just worry that the Alhambra has a "standard" Double Din set-up (as in it is properly square, requiring no facia) and the 315 looks to have "wings" that would screw in then be covered by a facia.

Is this Dave Sere a member on here? Sponsor?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.