2010 SEAT Arosa

Leonidas

Seein as there's talk of a new Arosa I thought i'd start a thread and see wat people would like. We'll probably see a concept or proto type in Geneva next year. Here's some pics..

3496873698_f65916481a.jpg

3496058177_ddea0c4528.jpg

seat-arosa-2010-01.jpg

seat_city_rendering_001-1120-950x673.jpg

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
And huge!

The Arosa is supposed to be a small funky city car - not a massive lardy arse like that (looks like the new Fiesta or Ka to me)

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
I agree with lunalupi looks too chunky!
Might look better if they do the 1.4 16v again or a gti equivalent this time :).

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
These are all photochops and not the official design or a concept or prototype, I do wish people would make that clear when they post randomly discovered images off the web. :rolleyes:

The Arosa or SEAT City car is more than likely going to be based on VW's Up concept platform.

VolkswagenUp_t1.jpg

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The photo-chops above appear to be the offspring of a new Ibiza and an Exeo and look 'wrong' as a result.

The platform is more than likely to be the Up! as the concept car above shows, but it will no doubt carry the SEAT face.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
chunky wheels always get dropped so will shrink a bit come production i bet

just look at the bocanegra when it came out live

this one loosk closest guess using that VW concept - lose the rear doors and a little shrink on length and rims will be quite a looker i reckon

seat-arosa-2010-01.jpg

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
VW's E-Up concept at Frankfurt, may indicate some future direction for the Arosa replacement. Not Eh-Up as in Yorkshire. :D

main.php

More images here - http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=37596

Press release

VOLKSWAGEN E-UP! ZERO-EMISSIONS CONCEPT UNVEILED AT FRANKFURT

Volkswagen has unveiled an all-new zero-emissions vehicle – the E-Up! concept.

Powered by an electric motor capable of delivering a peak of 81 PS (54 PS constant) and 154 lbs ft of torque channelling drive through the front wheels, the E-Up! can accelerate to 62 mph in 11.3 seconds before reaching a top speed of 84 mph.

The E-Up! weighs just 1,085 kg – a remarkable figure given that the lithium-ion batteries powering the vehicle account for 240 kg of this total.

The batteries have a capacity of 18 kWh which allows a theoretical range of over 80 miles. Through the use of proposed public charging stations 80 per cent of the vehicle’s battery capacity can be made available within an hour. Using a 230-volt domestic system would require a charging time of around five hours. This process is aided by a series of solar panels measuring 1.4 square metres mounted on the roof.

Housed under the floor of the E-Up!, the batteries are protected by a specially designed crash structure and are kept cool by a series of heat exchangers. The entire system, including the electric motor, transmission and differential are all extremely compact to free up as much space inside the car as possible.

Drawing inspiration from the new design direction established by Walter de Silva (Head of Design, Volkswagen Group) on the Golf as well as the up! concept from the 2007 Frankfurt Show, the new E-Up! evolves the look with a distinctive ‘face’ and clean, minimalist lines complemented by intricate detailing around the front and rear lights. The E-Up! measures just 3,199 mm in length and sits on a 2,190 mm wheelbase with minimal front and rear overhangs.

Despite the diminutive dimensions the E-Up! is spacious inside and is capable of carrying three adults plus a child. The 3+1 seating arrangement means two adults can sit on the passenger side of the vehicle with the passenger seat mounted 50 mm further forward than the driver’s seat to allow this to be possible. On the driver’s side a small space is available for occasional use by adults or children. The total loadspace is 85-litres, rising to 320-litres when the seats are folded.

The innovative approach to the drivetrain and packaging is continued in the design of the interior. To reduce demand on the vehicle’s batteries simple mechanisms such as the mirror adjustment and windows are manually operated. These simplistic methods extend to the touchscreen HMI (Human Machine Interface) system which relays critical information to the driver including the amount of charge remaining and offers advice on nearby recharging stations.

On unveiling the E-Up! Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn, Chairman of the Board of Management of the Volkswagen Group said: ‘Cars with pure petrol and diesel engines – which in the foreseeable future will continue to be unbeatable for mid- to long-range distances – will be supplemented by cars like the E-Up! in coming years. And that will happen starting in 2013. The concept now being presented in Frankfurt very realistically shows how we envision such a Volkswagen with pure electric drive technology, visually and in terms of size.’

antnee

The first 2 pics in the original post is just a chop of a mk4 and mk5 ibiza. Mk5 front and rear, the the Mk4 cupra rear bumper. Mk4 S wheeltrims? and some random rear 1/4'er windows!

Leonidas

Well this would apper to confirm the existance of a new Arosa sized car :D

VAG5_109159930.JPG

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Looks promising but, I do hope it has some different profiles and lines compared to the new models of the Ibiza and Leon. Like loops said its supposed to be a fun compact car - lets hope they keep the spirit going.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Looks very nice I think, as much as I adore the the MK4 design it didn't look that nice on the MK2 Arosa, I think this is nicer looking and suits it more.

I think i prefer the concept though tbh...

1gear

Not a fan, i like the small nippy look to the Arosa, that just looks too big and chunky.
The VW doesnt look too bad, but still not that nice.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.