Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Details were released on the SEAT Media site just after midnight

Banner_zpsjrsgbu4y.jpg

Last edited:

ActionScript

Mar 10, 2016
Yeah, none of this is new information, it's the technical data that I'd like to look at. Still, nice that Seat have put out official information regarding the Cupra 300 :)

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
In Europe we had the Cupra 265 and the 290 (replaced the earlier 280). This was available for all bodystyles - SC, 5-door and ST.
I wonder, if the Cupra 300 will now be the only available option then? Or will this just replace the 290, as was the case when the 280->290 switch came along.

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
I'm glad I got one of the last pre face-lift builds now. The 1.8tsi dsg box is a lovely drive having come from a Honda VTEC 1.8 auto . Totally agree re the electric parking bake definitely prefer the manual one.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010

murcutt

Feb 12, 2014
Much as expected, although could do without the chrome accents for me. The ehandbrake doesn't bother me and the new tech is nice. New wheels are okay but I prefer the current optional multispokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FRTSIman

Aug 2, 2013
Does anyone know why the links to the brochure and pricelist for the facelifted SEAT Leon Model Year 2017 have both been completely removed from the SEAT UK website, leaving only the Configurator to specify and price-up a new Leon?

But the earlier web links to these two pdf documents posted in this forum thread still correctly call up the new brochure and new pricelist, but only for those (like us) who already saved the links before SEAT UK decided to remove them!

Last edited:

ibizasc-chris

Ibiza SC Sport Driver
Oct 7, 2008
Hi All, Again

It's that time again to upgrade the car and this time looking at the 2017 Leon ST.

I had been looking at the brochures posted here and found a couple problems, ie the convenience pack is showing as standard on the FR but then on another page shows it as the pack plus as an optional extra. Seat today confirmed it is an extra at £220. They have maybe removed the brochures to fix the errors.

Anyway.. think I have settled on the ST FR, Nevada white with 18" wheels, kessy and convenience pack. Really liked my technic grey Leon but needed a change.

This will be the 4th Seat, 2nd Leon.

Last edited:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
I said I would wait until full details of the facelift models are available in the UK and then get back to him sometime in December when I know for certain if the 1.8Tsi is available or not. If the 1.8 isn't going to be available I will ask if it is still possible to get me a pre facelift car perhaps at a reduced price! The other alternatives are to settle for the 1.4Tsi ACT or even consider the VW Golf 1.4 ACT GT. Although more expensive the Golf GT does come with lots of equipment included and I understand that it also has the independent rear suspension and better breaks that my current Seat 1.8 Tsi FR has.

Not that i want another Diesel, but does the 2.0 Tdi Fr have independent rear suspension..

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
It seems some of the price list information (with standard equipment) is available on the Finnish site.
According to their information the FR-trim level now comes with standard LED lights (front and back). This certainly wasn't the case of the pre-FL model.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Not sure why there is so much hate for the electric handbrake. Who does a handbrake turn on their daily commute?

With auto-hold you literally never have to touch the handbrake. It automatically holds when you come to a stop, releases when you pull away, applies handbrake when you turn the engine off. Works even better with the DSG. It's very easy and who doesn't like easy? :p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.