2020 CUPRA Ateca facelift starts at £39,050

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Full details: https://www.seatcupra.net/2020/09/0...BpNSl0FfztYCZrjSzMdPqxjbZ8BB5sx1zPSmQu1Qb-0Bk

New-CUPRA-Ateca-2020_34_HQ.jpg

Scott

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
So essentially it's the same price for a facelifted Cupra Ateca as the outgoing one. I just wish they'd update their website/configurator!
It’s all a bit bizarre-I’ve just revisited the Cupra site and they seem to be using the configurator and brochure for the pre facelift.
However,using a vpn and going back into the CA brochure ,it then shows an updated version with prices,spec and new dark camo colour.It also looks like the design pack has been sacked off.The pre f/l optional bucket seats are now standard.and the copper wheels are part of the comfort and sound pack as are the brembo brakesPrices are £39,050 for standard vehicle and £41,350 for comfort and sound.Again,no mention of the design pack.
Photos of the seats in the updated brochure seem to be the standard sports seats though.
The configurator is a bit of a slow mess still and still hasn’t updated the new colour.
I’m probably completely wrong,so happy to be corrected!!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
It’s all a bit bizarre-I’ve just revisited the Cupra site and they seem to be using the configurator and brochure for the pre facelift.
However,using a vpn and going back into the CA brochure ,it then shows an updated version with prices,spec and new dark camo colour.It also looks like the design pack has been sacked off.The pre f/l optional bucket seats are now standard.and the copper wheels are part of the comfort and sound pack as are the brembo brakesPrices are £39,050 for standard vehicle and £41,350 for comfort and sound.Again,no mention of the design pack.
Photos of the seats in the updated brochure seem to be the standard sports seats though.
The configurator is a bit of a slow mess still and still hasn’t updated the new colour.
I’m probably completely wrong,so happy to be corrected!!

I think I saw a message on the configurator the other day saying it's being updated.

Reactions: Billyray911

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The exhaust not available?

We've had an official statement regarding the exhaust:

" we’re still in discussion with Akrapovic regarding the exhaust system, nothing confirmed yet but we hope this follows shortly, allowing customers to purchase directly from a SEAT/CUPRA retailer with Akrapovic installed (as per previous model), rather than having to purchase it as an aftermarket item. "

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
If you look at other cars, you quickly realise it's not expensive at all. I specced a Tiguan 190 (TSI) over 40k without really trying. The monthlies on this with Cupra Care are actually really, really good.

I’m assuming mega-bucks,but it will be interesting to see how VW price the Tiguan R, especially with the facelift CA offering a lot for your money...

Mike the_cupra

May 29, 2020
I’m assuming mega-bucks,but it will be interesting to see how VW price the Tiguan R, especially with the facelift CA offering a lot for your money...
The main advantage of a Cupra was they did away with most optional extras. I had a pov-spec Golf R and it was so annoying. The Cupra had C&S (which I have), Design pack or both. Looking at VW's and Skodas was infuriating. I imagine the Tiguan R will be fully specced which is nice, but I reckon its going to start at 45k+

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Agreed and seems (waiting for clarification!!) like they have improved on that with the facelift with ditching the design pack and incorporating that in the c and s pack.That and a pano will suit me fine !