What do you think of the new site?

• Total voters

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
It's been a long slog these last few months but we're live with the new site!

Thanks for your patience for the extended downtime.

Please let us have your comments, positive and negative. It's your community to use and enjoy.

If you spot any teething issues please post them here.

Some new features to check out (with more on the way)

We have a new media section where you can upload your own albums of your cars as well as view a growing library of stock photos.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveFR and Tell

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
A couple of bits need sorting I'm aware of:

1. Some of the forum icon images need resizing.
  2. Banner at the top needs aligning to the right
  3. The new (to be populated) resources functionality is currently called "Guides" in the menu, should be "Resources".
  4. Old skool emoji's haven't been imported
  5. Not clear which threads have unread posts in forum view
  6. Not clear which threads are read - unread in notification drop down

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Previously used Tapatalk instead of the browser site - however will definitely be using the browser over Tapatalk now. Looks and feels so much better! Great work!

Reactions: Syphon

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Really liking the new design, much more modern and feels like a social media site of its own!
My only comment is I keep clicking on the thread titles and it takes me to the first page of the thread, I’m used to going to the latest post. Is there a way to make it clearer rather than having to click the ‘5 minutes ago’ bit? If that makes sense!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Previously used Tapatalk instead of the browser site - however will definitely be using the browser over Tapatalk now. Looks and feels so much better! Great work!
I’ve always preferred the browser. More so now that iOS lets you choose smaller file sizes for photos to upload :) No more resizing them first in a different app.

• Love

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Really liking the new design, much more modern and feels like a social media site of its own!
My only comment is I keep clicking on the thread titles and it takes me to the first page of the thread, I’m used to going to the latest post. Is there a way to make it clearer rather than having to click the ‘5 minutes ago’ bit? If that makes sense!

It's not behaving differently to me than I'm used to. Can you post a screenshot so I'm clear what you mean?

ta

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
It's not behaving differently to me than I'm used to. Can you post a screenshot so I'm clear what you mean?

ta
Ah you’re right, just tried it again and took me to the latest post.

I think it might have been to do with cookies or something, as in it now remembers I’ve visited the thread before so goes to the most recent post not the first.

All good, great work!

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Congratulations on the upgrade, bound to be some niggles but its up and running and looks good.
Perhaps I'm not yet used to the site...on the old website once a thread was read the title would 'unbold'/new would disappear (I understand now perhaps all threads are 'new'?) so it meant I could easily see which threads had been read however reading a thread it remains the same so if I read and then return to that forum page later it looks as though I haven't read it? - if you understand what I mean. :)
Of course I may be missing something? I don't keep a tally of exactly what day I logged in so would like to see what had been read last time and what's new when I log in. If I'm talking b****x then forgive me.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Congratulations on the upgrade, bound to be some niggles but its up and running and looks good.
Perhaps I'm not yet used to the site...on the old website once a thread was read the title would 'unbold'/new would disappear (I understand now perhaps all threads are 'new'?) so it meant I could easily see which threads had been read however reading a thread it remains the same so if I read and then return to that forum page later it looks as though I haven't read it? - if you understand what I mean. :)
Of course I may be missing something? I don't keep a tally of exactly what day I logged in so would like to see what had been read last time and what's new when I log in. If I'm talking b****x then forgive me.

This was my first thought too. Otherwise tip top so far

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net

Thanks for the feedback and for raising this. Agree it's not clear. Will add to the list to resolve.

Reactions: Yern

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I always approach forum 'upgrades' with a bit of trepidation; I've seen too many epic fails where form takes over function.
But this looks good and it's still user friendly. Nice work all those involved.

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Welcome back! Looks good, a little different but once I’ve acclimatised it’ll be grand, many thanks for the work.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I always approach forum 'upgrades' with a bit of trepidation; I've seen too many epic fails where form takes over function.
But this looks good and it's still user friendly. Nice work all those involved.

Yes, we had to be careful and be mindful that people get used to things and aren't generally fans of change. The software was out of date and the new upgrade should enhance the experience, not hinder it. (Hopefully, you've noticed it's much faster for example) Also our logo/brand was also growing a bit tired.

The last thing we were going to do was go overboard and do changes for change's sake and alienate users. I'm glad you've found we seem to have struck the right balance. :cool:

Reactions: Damo H
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise