2020 Forum and website upgrade - feeback here

What do you think of the new site?

• Total voters

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I much prefer the look of the Dark Mode but I can't tell which posts I've read or had new updates but in Light Mode I can tell but not as easily as it was with the old version.:)
Excellent upgrade BTW!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Another thing I miss is not seeing some ones country flag, although i know that is not always accurate due to VPN's but it does help when replying to certain postings.

Reactions: Damo H

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Very nice. Not used to the colour scheme quite yet but feels slick and modern.

Reactions: Syphon

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Some constructive feedback since I'm in IT myself. XenForo 2 is a big step up from 1, I love the software personally. However, some pointers.

Most actual content on the mobile view is below the fold, you shouldn't have to scroll to get to it. I like ThemeHouse's themes and they look great but here are some optimization ideas for this theme in particular.

On mobile view, the top menu is taller than it needs to be, remove about 10px below ad (1). The menu collapses as you scroll down but should still be narrower.

Further down, although the thread title background is looking nice, it can be compacted as well, not completely but a good chunk of space can be removed up top by resizing the graphics (2).

Add a copy of the thread navigation (3) to the top of the thread, just below the thread title for useability. It doesn't make sense having to scroll to the bottom just to flip through pages, especially for longer threads.

Screenshot_20200626-223521.jpg Screenshot_20200626-223752.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor H and Syphon

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Some constructive feedback since I'm in IT myself. XenForo 2 is a big step up from 1, I love the software personally. However, some pointers.

Most actual content on the mobile view is below the fold, you shouldn't have to scroll to get to it. I like ThemeHouse's themes and they look great but here are some optimization ideas for this theme in particular.

On mobile view, the top menu is taller than it needs to be, remove about 10px below ad (1). The menu collapses as you scroll down but should still be narrower.

Further down, although the thread title background is looking nice, it can be compacted as well, not completely but a good chunk of space can be removed up top by cropping the graphics (2).

Add a copy of the thread navigation (3) to the top of the thread, just below the thread title for useability. It doesn't make sense having to scroll to the bottom just to flip through pages, especially for longer threads.

View attachment 15810 View attachment 15811

Thanks for the feedback @Zer0 really appreciated and I agree with it.

I'm just through the slight trauma of getting the kinks all sorted as well as some stability issues so I'm pausing on extra stuff for a few days a least! ;)

1. Yes I agree that's wasted space
2. Agree, would be good to shrink that a bit further
3. Agree.

Also some more of my thoughts re mobile:

I'm not keen on the logo disappearing on scroll down as I use that to go home often, on mobile you have to hit the jump to top arrow to get to it or scroll back manually or use the menu, neither an optimal experience.

Someone showed me the UX Myths site a few years back and it's interesting on the topic of the fold, especially on mobile.

Thanks again, agree XF2 is a big step up from XF1. I wish we'd done it sooner :)

Cheers,

Scott

Reactions: Zer0

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Thanks for the feedback @Zer0 really appreciated and I agree with it.

I'm just through the slight trauma of getting the kinks all sorted as well as some stability issues so I'm pausing on extra stuff for a few days a least! ;)

1. Yes I agree that's wasted space
2. Agree, would be good to shrink that a bit further
3. Agree.

Also some more of my thoughts re mobile:

I'm not keen on the logo disappearing on scroll down as I use that to go home often, on mobile you have to hit the jump to top arrow to get to it or scroll back manually or use the menu, neither an optimal experience.

Someone showed me the UX Myths site a few years back and it's interesting on the topic of the fold, especially on mobile.

Thanks again, agree XF2 is a big step up from XF1. I wish we'd done it sooner :)

Cheers,

Scott

Hey it's looking great, just some small details and the upgrade went pretty smooth for you guys as far as I could tell. Keep up the good work. :)

Edit: BTW, I believe you can have a small logo setup for the collapsing menu, think it's in the theme settings, at least it's common for the TH XF2 themes. Shows up where I have marked it.

Screenshot_20200626-234232.jpg

Last edited:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Hey it's looking great, just some small details and the upgrade went pretty smooth for you guys as far as I could tell. Keep up the good work. :)

Edit: BTW, I believe you can have a small logo setup for the collapsing menu, think it's in the theme settings, at least it's common for the TH XF2 themes. Shows up where I have marked it.

View attachment 15830

Thanks, will look into that :)

Reactions: Zer0

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
It's a bit gold isn't it.
My biggest gripe was the ten minutes it took me trying to remember what my log in details were.
Then trying to find in which folder and drive i'd got them written down on a notepad file.
After that i'm happy enough with it.
Come to think of it, i'm not 100% sure i can remember what colour it was before...
Blue?

I'd be happier if it was yellow. It would match my car then. Well, if half of the clear coat was missing:oops:

GOOD JOB!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise