Deleted member 123864

Why would you want to turn off a very important safety feature?

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Why would you answer with question with almost no value to me ? First of all I am guessing that this is what I heard and second of all I drove also some super silent petrols and many people can t even hear those and it is my responsability as a driver to not harm anyone but as a customer I want to be in total silence if I am driving full electric which will happen alot in low sppeds. I can use the horn in a diplomatic way or switch to hybrid in order to be heard if I want but why ruin my experience inside the cabin.

Deleted member 123864

Because you’re asking a stupid question mostly, and you seem to have an attitude.

The noise is not just a safety feature, it’s a legal requirement. No one here is going to tell you how to break the law just so you can enhance your experience. 🙄

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
Hi. Guys one important question: today I have tested exactly the 204 BHP version (until now only Cupra 245 Hybrid and Passat GTE)... and at very low speeds between 0 - 30ish km/h... I have noticed a humming sound (and I guess is the pedestrian alert, and it happens only in electric mode)... did you notice it as well and is there any way to turn it off ?
thx,
Hi, yes this is the low speed pedestrian warning. There is no way to turn it off unfortunately as its legislation from July 2019 that all EV's and PHEVs have one

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Hi, yes this is the low speed pedestrian warning. There is no way to turn it off unfortunately as its legislation from July 2019 that all EV's and PHEVs have one
Oh my that would drive me insane.

better sticking with fossil fuels as long as possible

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
It stops after 19mph so you dont really notice it tbf. It is weird when you first get it as it sounds like a dodgy bearing.:)

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
But is still a bit strange... why do we hear it inside if it is meant for the outside :) ? I mean I understand the safety feature but it is for pedestrian not for the ones in the car.

To be honest I am curious... I wasn't outside to see how it sounds... I mean what the pedestrians hear ?

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
In my line of work, I sell Sounders but you don't really hear them inside like the Seat ones. Must be cheap ones they use😆

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
That's what I thought... bit strange why we hear it inside. well this is it... gotta live with it... only downside I see to this car until now :), hope it remains this way.

Reactions: dts0205

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Quick clarification: can the traffic sign recognition function be turned off ? thx

doesn't matter I need to do it when I start the engine just wondering if possible at all.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Quick clarification: can the traffic sign recognition function be turned off ? thx

doesn't matter I need to do it when I start the engine just wondering if possible at all.
You can turn of the speed warning, and it will stay off (without warning lights), but the traffic signs will always appear in the dash

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
But it will slow me down forced when it detects I am going too fast or not ?

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
It will do it if your on predictive ACC(with the speed signs option turned on), or you take your foot of the accelerator and let eco-tips take over to charge the battery but that's the hybrid system

It doesn't just slam the brakes on

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Charging question: Is there an option to charge in 2h (with a mode 3 cable 32A 7,4 kWh) ... the car supports this ? I did now full charge only in 3,4hours from a 22kWh station but I think it can do it in 2hours if a different cable is used... hope I can find out.

dts0205

Feb 11, 2021
Charging question: Is there an option to charge in 2h (with a mode 3 cable 32A 7,4 kWh) ... the car supports this ? I did now full charge only in 3,4hours from a 22kWh station but I think it can do it in 2hours if a different cable is used... hope I can find out.
I don't believe so. I'm sure I read that it will always take the 4 hours no matter how much power you give it. Not coming with a type 2 cable I've been looking at the rapid chargers with the tethered cable. But it'll not charge any faster. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Had mine since Jan but haven't charged it away from home yet

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
I charged only away and it came with cable mode 2 (type 2 charging socket) but I really hope and need to explore this 2h charging... if true and possible. MIght be we just need another cable

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Why would they sell 7,4kWh wall chargers for PHEV as a possibility in the configurator ? at 7,4kWh we charge it in 2h and at 3,6 in 4h... must me something we are missing.

SEALen1

Apr 18, 2021
Sweden
The Leon PHEV is only fitted with a 16A@230V AC Charger (3,6kWh). It can't charge any faster unless you actually change out the charger in the car (no such option is available just so you know :) ). There are few PHEVs that can charge any faster btw.

According to the specs you should be able to charge from 0 to 100 % in 3 Hours 42 minutes at 3,6kWh (16A).
It will take 5 hours 48 minutes at 2,3kWh (10A).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members