Aaroncupra

Last edited by a moderator:

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
Sounds like your fuel pump isn't working as well as it could be - thus the low rail pressure.

The ECU is making up for the lower pressure by increasing the duration, and since it has hit max duration (9ms?) it is limiting the power.

*My take on what you were told...

Poverty

Guys I have superchips stage 3 on the car at the minute and the mods I have are,

ITG cai
Milltek full turbo back
Forge valve
Forge twin intercooler
Autotek pump internals,

I was on a rolling road on sat and the car only put out 308bhp, however the guy said they had another car on a while back and on both times there was a 30 bhp difference, which was fair enough, I was only going to get logs done anyway and was gona get it roaded at a later date somewhere else,

Bear with me,

I emailed the logs back to superchips as I had spoken to them about turning the power up a bit however they said this,

I've had a look at the logs and they look OK. You're running a little too much over boost low down so I'd like to reduce that but other than that good boost everywhere else. Looking at the air flow you are running 245g/s that indicates that you have 320-330bhp which is what I would expect. We cannot gain any more than this as you are already running too much boost for the fuel system to cope with - the car is trying to get over 9ms worth of injection duration at 5,000rpm which it cannot so any more and the fuel pressure will drop. Looking at the fuelling logs it appears the rail isn't reaching 129bar which it should be doing which may be why the injection duration is so high.

Ok so,
So what I gather out of this is that the injectors cant give me anymore, im just wondering why this would be the case when other software is running more power than this?, Have you guys checked this on vagcom?

He said also that he wouldnt have been surprised if the car did have fuel cut in the top gears with that boost and you wouldnt notice it in the lower gears you would be changing gears so quickly?,

I thought that when I got the internals I would be ok for more power?,

I have heard some of you guys talk about a slight loss of power up the rev range, could this be what is causing your slight loss of power?, injectors?,

How much can our injectors take, I cant help but think I could be getting more power out of this car?,

I have the logs on excel if anyone wants to look at them I can email them to you?

Any thoughts views welcome?,

Aaron

I dont think its your injectors, but this is very interesting. It could be interpreted that superchips are saying if they up the settings to more aggressive ones, the fuel pump wont cope in higher gears, and you will get fuel cuts. This could be like the 5200rpm flat spot.

Can you post the data that you sent to superchips please, and then we can log our cars and see if there are similarities?

Aaroncupra

Aaroncupra

Poverty

Had another reply from them,

From the logs you sent across and the fact that you're getting 245g/s of air flow that shows us that you are getting the required boost/power that I would expect to see. Irrespective of what the dyno showed I'm happy with the file you are running, the boost you are running and the air flow you are getting, there is no more power to be gained on these cars.

I cant deny that the car isn't fast, it is, it is rapid with nice boost, its just intresting that superchips dont want to take it any more, " because of the fueling issue " that they talked about,

It will be good to see what results you have on your logs poverty, and if this is what could be causing your flat spot,

you wouldnt imagine that a tuner would run the car past its limits tho, and cause fuel cut, i imagine they would see that the car isnt fueling ok on logs?,

Aaron

Im not ruling anything out at this stage mate.

If your car drives nice, and the map is smooth and pulls well all the way to the red then I would be happy.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I dont think its your injectors, but this is very interesting. It could be interpreted that superchips are saying if they up the settings to more aggressive ones, the fuel pump wont cope in higher gears, and you will get fuel cuts. This could be like the 5200rpm flat spot.

Can you post the data that you sent to superchips please, and then we can log our cars and see if there are similarities?

The problem is poverty the fuel pump only struggles in the mid range even the standard one works fine top end, so i dont think lack of fuel is the issue.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
what kind of boost is it running mate as mine holds 24psi from 4.5k to 6k. So would be interesting to see what superchips deams resonable?

Poverty

The problem is poverty the fuel pump only struggles in the mid range even the standard one works fine top end, so i dont think lack of fuel is the issue.

5200rpm could be seen as mid range, it could be happening as early as 4800rpm, but we just dont notice till 5200rpm. :shrug:

Shame your so far from me, would be good to log two stage 2 cars back to back, one with and one without the issue!

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
5200rpm could be seen as mid range, it could be happening as early as 4800rpm, but we just dont notice till 5200rpm. :shrug:

Shame your so far from me, would be good to log two stage 2 cars back to back, one with and one without the issue!

we might be able to when Al comes down to get all his work done on his car at stattlers. This flatspot visible on dyno runs done in 4th or 5th gear?

Poverty

we might be able to when Al comes down to get all his work done on his car at stattlers. This flatspot visible on dyno runs done in 4th or 5th gear?

Cant remember, I can find out though let me make a quick phone call. My car has never actually been on a dyno since its had the full stage 2 plus!

Aaroncupra

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.