300 / VZx - Cruise RPM & gear

Oct 20, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
Hi everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read my first post. I took delivery of my 2022 Cupra Leon VZx (221kw/300bhp) in October 2022. Recently, I've noticed the car seems to cruise in a lower gear than I had previously remembered:
  • 60km/h (40mph) - 5th gear, 1900 RPM
  • 80km/h (50mph) - 6th gear, 2000 RPM
Could anyone verify if this is normal with their cars in comfort mode? I could have sworn previously it would be in the next gear at these cruising speeds at well under 2k RPM. It won't manually shift up either.
Thanks

Oct 20, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
Bumping this thread

Some observations over the past few months:
  • My car definitely cruises sometimes sits a gear under what it previously did.
  • I had my 1 year service/oil change, and advised Audi (service center here in Melbourne) of the issue. No indication of any issues when hooked up to the computer, no technical bulletins, couldn't touch it.
  • After oil change in September, the issue seemed gone - the shifting was smoother and it would sit in expected gear - but has since resurfaced again a few months down the track. My fuel consumption has increased ~15% too
Audi don't want to touch it - because there is no technical bulletin and they can't see the fault. I'm wondering if there's anyone else who is experiencing similar or may know what the issue could be?

Thank you