4300k to 6000k?

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
Hi everyone,

I just recently purchased a Seat Leon Tech Pack and was wondering if it is possible to make the DRLs bluer? At the moment, in most lighting, there's a yellow tint. I've seen 2019 and 2018 Seat Leons and their head lights look slightly bluer, more modern I guess?

Regards,
Nigel

Steeldevil

Jan 13, 2019
I don't think it's possible to swap the led's in the headlights. What year is your car as mine are bright white?
Have you got a photo?

Reactions: NigelPatrick

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
There shouldn't be a yellow tint at all really... as if they're the LED DRLs then they should be white anyway? There won't be any way to change the colour temperature of them. What model year is the vehicle?

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
There shouldn't be a yellow tint at all really... as if they're the LED DRLs then they should be white anyway? There won't be any way to change the colour temperature of them. What model year is the vehicle?

Can't I just remove the current light and put in 6000k LED from EBAY?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I only see the DLRs in yellow tint through my sunglasses. Jokes aside, I've seen some (on the forum, not in real life yet) Leon LED DRLs (older ones, 2013-2014 models with yellowish DLRs.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/drl-gone-yellow-and-dim.438998/
Perhaps the LEDs are on their way out.. the LEDs should be whiteish blue, almost the same as the headlights. TechPack has DAB, Sat Nav and LED headlights...the DLRs should be the colour as below...(right)

Dh_genpzX2toxUPldoAf0QGwj9pRI3GKscIjNsCl5314pP8CfelVCvAq4S6BWZy7902C6-amqmafOqy713KJnpqz-NU6i2vyHYkHYNiXVLZE3XqknW09p5UY

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Might be a good idea to take a photo of the headlight so it's clear what type of headlight you've got. If it's all LED, as it should be with the Tech pack, then you're stuck with what you've got. If you've got the poor man's halogen headlights, then you might be able to change something.

NigelPatrick

Jun 17, 2020
Might be a good idea to take a photo of the headlight so it's clear what type of headlight you've got. If it's all LED, as it should be with the Tech pack, then you're stuck with what you've got. If you've got the poor man's halogen headlights, then you might be able to change something.
Here's the picture.. you can see the yellow in the head lights...

aUkGrUW.png

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Here's the picture.. you can see the yellow in the head lights...

The LED's cannot be upgraded. To be honest, they look fine to me in the photo. As long as they look of equal brightness and colour, I'd say they're fine and any you're seeing is age related.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
It's a bit difficult to see the yellow (perhaps a slight tinge) without seeing them in comparison with the LED headlights on. They look fine to me (perhaps this is how LEDs age), althought do appreciate that maybe the photo's white balance is off..or is the right (passenger side) brighter/more yellow than the driver's side one?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.