4Bar FPR

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
Hi Guys,

What does a 4bar Fpr do. I know it is a fuel pressure regulator but just not clear on what it actually does.
I was looking at getting Revo stage 2 and i already have a recirc valve, green panel filter and have just ordered my turbo back Milltek system. So do i need a 4bar fpr like people suggest before i get stage 2?

Thanks

Mikey

Yes, its a requirement of stage 2......

A fuel pressure regulator is a small device with a diaphragm inside that maintains a constant pressure (or tries to) regardless of the rate of flow. Basically you can put any fuel pressure in, and get a constant "set" pressure out - however much the input pressure might vary. So a Fuel injected car for example has a pump that might run at anything between 150psi static, and 50psi under flow conditions in use. This is "regulated" by your fuel pressure regulator to (usually) 45psi constant (3 bar).

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hi Mate
We sell the 4 bar fuel regs
Check out our web site and we post out too , so could save you looking around
Sarah

gazjones

its dosent save you fuel lol you just use more when you plant your foot lol but you need it on before the stage two map and needc to remove it if you change to standard!

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
Hi Sarah i will be getting one from the guys who are doing the stage 2 but thanks anyway.
Thanks Gaz i will make sure i get it installed before stage 2 then.

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
I have just thought, so everytime i turn off the revo stage 2 using my sps i will have to remove the 4barfpr and then vice versa when putting it back on again? How easy is it to do?

gazjones

pull a pin out the pull the fpr out but only put the new one in just before you get stage two dont do much driving and drive carfully as its not suposed to work with the 4bar on stage 1!