64 plate Cupra + Lowering Springs, pics please!

BenN

Feb 28, 2014
Hi Guys,

Firstly, sorry for duplication and length - I understand this is asked alot. I've also asked this on a popular Facebook group, so thanks for all the help over there too. :thumbup:

I'm looking to reduce my arch gap without ruining my ride too much. I understand any sort of low on a stock damper is going to sacrifice the ride, and obviously the best option is coilovers. Don't get me wrong, if I wanted comfort I wouldn't have a Cupra, so im more than happy with firm suspension, just not a jittery unpredictable ride.

I know I can get cheap coilovers for almost £200, Some rave about them, others dont - with concerns over quality. The £650 bilstein kit looks amazing, but id rather spend that money elsewhere for now as this car wont be going on the track, so it needs to be sensible for the daily drive. The last car I lowered had SPAX unadjustable Coilys on with gas shocks, I was happy with that setup, so if theres an equivalent setup - let me know. TBH i'd rather get top of the range springs than bottom of the range coilys :)
H&R springs are very popular, everywhere I look someone raves about them for their looks, but again I hear bad things about the ride - i'm not sure whether this is due to the 40mm low at the back, or just the spring quality.
I've even spoken to SEAT to find out why they have pulled the lowering springs for FR and Cupra from the Accessories catalogue, noone knows why and SEAT themselves won't comment. Sucks that I can still buy them for lower spec models, I also believe these are made by eibach.

So im looking at other options, maybe a more expensive spring design - eibach or VWR - that will better complement the stock damper. Nowhere can I find decent pictures or a review of these on a Cupra, does anyone have any experience with these or even better pics - ANYTHING :)?

Ive heard that eibach make a Cupra specific spring kit, but everywhere I find a kit to fit this car online, it details that the same coils fit lower spec models, can anyone clear this up? http://eibach.suspensiondirect.co.uk/Eibach-Seat-Ibiza-V-6J1-Sportcoupe-1.4-TSi-Pro-Kit-E10-81-010-05-22_16885_18_704_4150.jsp

The VWR kit, i believe could be made by eibach, however this is a Cupra/Boc specific application - so maybe its different and not just a rebrand? http://www.awesomegti.com/car/seat/ibiza6j/volkswagen-racing-sport-spring-set-seat-ibiza-6j-1-4tsi

i'm just concerned that if I get a kit that works across the range of Ibiza models, that -25mm drop may equate to only a -10mm drop on the Cupra, which im not interested in. The only thing i can think of, is maybe the stock springs from factory across the entire model range are the same, and that the dampers are different to provide the change in ride height.

:help:

TLDNR Pictures, advice - all welcome!

Thanks!

BenN

Feb 28, 2014
hi, thanks for the response, your facebook link doesnt work, do you have another link please?

Anyone else have APEX springs, or something similar with a -30mm drop? please post a pic,

thanks