I have just got my handson a 2004 Cupra 180, the modifications are:
-Ramair induction
-Front mount intercooler
-cat back exhaust
-Forge DV
-n249 delete
-Defi boost gauge
-receipt for a remap

The problem i have is the boost, or maybe the lack of maybe. when warm it will boost to .5-.6 bar no spike or anything, just gets there and sits there untill you change gear, then back to .5-.6 bar. i moved the vacuum for the boost to the inlet rather then the DV pipe and its exactly the same, i have VCDS lite, and no codes come up. i unplugged the MAF and it drove exactly the same, the block 2 reading was a steady 3 g/s iirc at idle. I unplugged the wastegate pipe from the n75 to see, and while it boosts a lot higher before i stopped and put it back on as i like my turbo working, it stuttered a lot while it started to boost then took off to nearly 1 bar boost. i have since reset the code thrown up from this. I have visually given it all a good check for leaks and all the pipes look in really good condition. im sure a standard car has a higher boost let alone a remapped one,unless the ECU was swapped out beforei had it, but cant imagine that to be honest.

Any help appreciated,i cannot get block 032 to check boost asi only have the lite version. VagCom shows a water temp of 79 degrees and the gauge shows 90, and intake temp of about 50 degrees after a run, stood still.

Any help appreciated :s

Thank you :help:

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Is it working ok again since you cleared the code? I can't remember exactly by I'm sure the standard is 7 - 8psi which is 0.5 - 0.6 bar. I wouldn't take the water temp gauge on the dash reading as gospel, it only gives you an idea if the engine is hot, cold or at the correct temp. The temp on vagcom comes from the CTS and will be correct. As for your boost issue no idea, does it run ok other than the apparent lack of power?

Acidk1

Sep 15, 2016
Shropshire, UK
It runs OK now I deleted the codes.the DV seemed a bit more noticeable at first but has quietened down again. Boosts nice and smooth straight to .6 bar. Just feels like its missing power as it takes off quick but seems to fall flat. The temp was off vagcom to make sure it was not stuck in closed loop or something like that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.