AC and electrical issues

Jun 14, 2023
Hi all,

I am stuck on what to do next with my AC and a couple of other codes. Firstly the outside/ambient air temp sensor failed - code 00779 (G17), I have replaced it with 2 different brand new sensors to no avail. Checked the wiring and all seems fine visually. Not long after this I had a new code for 'temperature sensor evaporator' - 00050 G308 come up so I replaced that sensor and that didn't work either. Wiring again seems fine to this sensor. Then after a couple of days I got a new code (01317) Control module in instrument cluster J285.

Now I have no air con and haven't since the outside air temp stopped working - I believe this disables the compressor when faulty? Having already replaced both sensors with no change to the problem I wanted to know if anyone else has had an issue like this? I can't find anything similar elsewhere online. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jun 27, 2023
Following this for more information/advice, because over the past week my air con has mostly not worked - apparently it's due to the ambient temp sensor giving me wild readings of either below 4C, or above 50C. I've been quoted about £130 to have it repaired due to the location of the sensor and I'm not sure whether that is a reasonable amount to pay for something like this

Jan 23, 2024
I had a problem with my Leon Cupra (2002) air con in July-2022, tried to get it re-gassed and it threw a fault. It turned out it was related to the A/C pressure switch (which had shorted out and fuse holder melted). My mechanic replaced the parts and then it re-gassed okay. Apologies, but I don't seem to have a note of the relevant error codes - hope this assists in some way.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.