Adaptive Cruise Control with manual gearbox?

sebna

Sep 11, 2015
Hi,

This is my first post so just wanted to say quick hello to community. Great forum people!

I need a quick advice on ACC and manual gearbox as most likely tomorrow I will be placing order with the dealer.

I read it slows and accelerates the car really well on motorway and that it allows you to change gears with manual gearbox (is that right?) but is it usable in a way it is supposed to be if you still have to change the gears?

If I remember correctly from my test drive the FR 184 bhp Diesel sits on about 1.5k rpm while doing 75mph / 120kph so if it needs to slow down I would need to shift almost instantly? and then few minutes later **** up again?

Due to not wanting go crazy I will have to decide between either going with ACC or DCC. So which would you prefer with manual, which makes more sense?

I do about 60miles a day as commute of which half are winding roads where DCC could be major fun and half motorway albeit busy where ACC could be potentially very handy as normal cruise on its own will be almost for sure not so much.

Such a shame that FRs do not have the LSD which Cupra has :).

Cheers

Last edited:

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I have acc with manual gearbox.

I love it. Would it be better with the dsg gearbox? Probably.

Would I pay for it again if choosing options now? Yes. The only choice would be whether to spend the extra for dsg.

In short, you want ACC. ;)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

DoodleDids

Aug 30, 2014
Hi,

If I remember correctly from my test drive the FR 184 bhp Diesel sits on about 1.5k rpm while doing 75mph / 120kph so if it needs to slow down I would need to shift almost instantly? and then few minutes later **** up again?

Cheers

Sounds a bit messy to me...:p

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Yeah get the Acc! It wasn't on my list of necessities but it came with the car and I wouldn't look back, it's great for bragging rights aswell
It allows you to change gear in manual and you won't find yourself changing all the time. Obviously coupling it to the autobox is preferred though.

Obee72

Jan 7, 2015
Likewise, I got ACC as a freebie on my FR184 and coupled with the DSG is the best toy I've ever had on a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputy

Apr 20, 2015
West Yorkshire
Just read the thread, hope not too late. I've got ACC with a manual 1.4 TSi. Awesome, the torque means you don't really need to change gear above 35mph anyway, so works well in motorway / A road traffic. It also brakes for you whilst you change down gears, down to about 2 MPH and then beeps to say it's over to you (otherwise it would stall).

It's amazing when you don't have to constantly watch for every minor speed change on the roads how much more relaxed you feel and far less tiring on our crowded roads.

sebna

Sep 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for all the feedback. I am still negotiating the deal. I kind of decided I will go with DCC instead of ACC but after reading all your positive comments I am a torn again :) Maybe I will try to squeeze in both somehow.

No body will stand in defense of DCC?

Sounds a bit messy to me...:p

I was laughing hard. Yeah life can get messy, luckily this time it was just a typo ;)

Cheers

Last edited:

Luffer

May 2, 2009
Sadly I don't have ACC in my Leon with the DSG transmission, but I had it in a Passat that I drove about a month ago with a manual gearbox. At the time I thought how fantastic it would have been with a DSG because if the ACC can't change the gears then its usefulness is severely hampered. I got really frustrated by the constant nagging alarm that told me I needed to change gear.

In all honesty, ACC with a manual gearbox is only half the functionality. I'd recommend getting a DSG if you want ACC, the DSG is already brilliant and adding ACC to that would be fantastic. If I could retrofit it to my car I'd do it tomorrow!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I recently had a Golf hire motor, it had adaptive cruise & dsg, had to go up to the highlands in it for work, on the way back set the cruise just outside Perth, next time my feet touched the pedals was around Gretna.
Jesus it was boring!!!!! No thanks. Normal cruise does fine for me, and a manual stick thing to play around with..... :)

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Sadly I don't have ACC in my Leon with the DSG transmission, but I had it in a Passat that I drove about a month ago with a manual gearbox. At the time I thought how fantastic it would have been with a DSG because if the ACC can't change the gears then its usefulness is severely hampered. I got really frustrated by the constant nagging alarm that told me I needed to change gear.

In all honesty, ACC with a manual gearbox is only half the functionality. I'd recommend getting a DSG if you want ACC, the DSG is already brilliant and adding ACC to that would be fantastic. If I could retrofit it to my car I'd do it tomorrow!

+1. I had a Golf MK7 hire car not long ago with ACC and a 6-speed manual. It was cool at first but the fact you had to change gear yourself defeated the point somewhat - especially at lower speeds, such as in 50 zones. Get DSG.

Luffer

May 2, 2009
If you want the manual and won't consider a DSG, then just get standard cruise control. Save the money or put it towards something else, like the winter pack to get heated seats.

sebna

Sep 11, 2015
If I will go for Leon I will be getting Winter Pack, Alcantera seats, DCC and seat link for the phone and stuff.

But I have quite amazing offer of Honda Civic so I am gutted as my dealer does not want to do any serious discount on Leon...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise