Adaptive Cruise Control

Robster83

Feb 27, 2019
Gothenburg Sweden
Short answer is no. Most of time (if not all) you lack hardware. There are people who have the ability to install hardware and recode software. But you also need a new stock to add the function of selecting distance to car in front which you lack.
And if that isn't enough there may be insurance and legal problems if your car is in an accident because this feature wasn't standard.

Reactions: Mr Pig

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
I have a 70 plate mk3 Cupra Leon and I don’t have adaptive cruise control, can you get that coded onto the vehicle?
If the car in the avatar is yours, then I think I can see a radar which must be for the front assist. In that case all you need is a new stalk and someone to do the coding/hacking for you. Expect a cost of around 350-400 pounds.

Do some online research and you shall find plenty of info on the subject.

Reactions: George Vinten

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
If the car in the avatar is yours, then I think I can see a radar which must be for the front assist. In that case all you need is a new stalk and someone to do the coding/hacking for you. Expect a cost of around 350-400 pounds.

Do some online research and you shall find plenty of info on the subject.
Yes it’s mine and it has front assist, no worries thanks for the info!??

Reactions: Stefan147

Breezy

Sep 19, 2020
And if that isn't enough there may be insurance and legal problems if your car is in an accident because this feature wasn't standard.
No expert but I don't think it'd make much of a different for a retrofit vs standard as long as it's declared to the insurance people as a mod (they may charge more or not quote).

If there was a crash due to this malfunctioning tech, it would still be the drivers fault as they are required to in control of the car at all times, so if it went into the back of someone, they were obviously distracted.

I could be wrong thought, as stated, not an expert!

Reactions: George Vinten

ReddStripe

Jul 23, 2019
Lincolnshire
I have a 70 plate mk3 Cupra Leon and I don’t have adaptive cruise control, can you get that coded onto the vehicle?

The short answer is yes:

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
For the cost to have it activated and declared as a mod on your insurance you should have just got the Lux model. Only 1k more and it had a bunch of other extras including heated bucket seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: daniel_ley
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.