Advice on 2 potential new cars

CraigJG

Jan 23, 2017
Good afternoon guys and gals,

I'm just after some advice on 2 cars I am looking at for my next love interest. I have used the search and read all of the common faults but couldn't find a definitive buyers guide, I apologise if the correct thread had been staring me in the face.

Both are 2.0 tdi supercopa models on a 12 plate.

First up is a blue one with 67k miles and a full service history, I haven't yet asked about the timing belt but will phone up tonight, hopefully with a few more insightful questions from you guys. So other than the servicing is there anything else I should be asking or looking for if I make the 2hr+ journey to have a look? It's from a garage with decent reviews and comes with 6 months full rac warranty.

The second contestant is a gun metal grey model also on a 62 plate with 43k, full service history and the belts have been done with proof.

The only thing putting me off is the DSG gearbox, all I seem to have found is horror stories about them in my searches so wondered what the deal is with them? And is there anything special I should look out for with them? This one is from a private seller and won't have any warranty.

I'm coming to seat after a mk5 Astra vxr and need something a lot more reliable but still fun to drive.

I really don't want to buy a lemon so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise