Advice..

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Hi all just a quick one.
I ordered a leon 1.8 through broker and I heard nothing from them for weeks until I decided to chase to find out my order hadn't been put through because they I quote "forgot"..not as gutted as I thought I would be as I like to be positive. I thought to myself forget waiting for a 1.8 (upto 14 weeks) why not get a 2.0 tdi 184 as I can get one that's got delivery miles on alot easier than a 1.8 plus I'm keen to have the dsg box....
Aaaanyway long story short do any owners of these cars have any concerns with doing lesser miles a year with the tdi and short journeys? I mean will a weekly blast down the motor way suffice to keep the dpf from having a **** fit?

Appreciate your time guys.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
The DPF will be fine, had 5 cars with it and no problems as yet. Mixed journeys 1 mile back and from work, lot of shortish journeys and some dual carriage ways now and again.

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
The DPF will be fine, had 5 cars with it and no problems as yet. Mixed journeys 1 mile back and from work, lot of shortish journeys and some dual carriage ways now and again.
Okay thanks for the reply. Do you own the 184? Would you rate it? Thanks

golfhappy

Sep 1, 2015
Scotland
I owned the 150 fr, but own a Golf gtd 184 at the moment. Great engine in standard form. Lots on here use a DTUK tuning box and another great bit of kit is there pedal box.

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
I owned the 150 fr, but own a Golf gtd 184 at the moment. Great engine in standard form. Lots on here use a DTUK tuning box and another great bit of kit is there pedal box.
Brilliant cheers for the info. Thanks again...does anyone else have experience with shorter journeys or any problems..thanks

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I'd say it depends on if you only do short journeys or just a mixture.

I do a lot of short journeys with a few medium length journeys through the week and I've never had an issue with the DPF.

That said this will be my last diesel for the foreseeable future. I don't do the mileage to make it worthwhile and the DPF cycles have zero intelligence behind it so you find yourself going on a long journey only to find that the next day on your short journey its trying to regen. E.g. Ive gone on a 6hr drive whilst going on holiday, unpack the car, drive 2 minutes down the road to the supermarket and there it is doing a regen!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.