Air con turning on when car unlocked

Aug 4, 2023
Every time I unlock the car, the air con turns on, so if I'm loading the car for 5/10 minutes it's running at full whack even with the doors open.

The app setting for air-conditioning doesn't seem to make any difference.
Any ideas how to turn the thing off?

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
It's a setting from the climate control function. You can set it to have Aircon running with the car unlocked. I think it's mostly for when you park up and there are still people (or dogs) waiting.

It's not via the Cupra app, it's on the car itself.

Aug 4, 2023
It's a setting from the climate control function. You can set it to have Aircon running with the car unlocked. I think it's mostly for when you park up and there are still people (or dogs) waiting.

It's not via the Cupra app, it's on the car itself.
Any idea where please, as I can't find anything that seems to do it?

Aug 4, 2023
If anyone else is looking, it's a setting in the app

Screenshot_20230908_142425.jpg

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Might it be that the temperature you set your air con to is way less than the ambient temperature - setting the dial higher may resolve this?

Or then perhaps the car will put the heat on?

Or wait untill we get more 'British' weather

Hope you get it sorted soon 👍

Aug 4, 2023
Yep, randomly it is in the battery manager, not the driver profile or climate options... Of all the bizzare places to put it. 🤷‍♂️

Apr 23, 2024
Hi everyone. Is it possible to set the car so that the air con/heating doesn't come on at all unless I ask it to? I've had a good search through the settings but can't find anything that helps. I was going to start a new thread about this but this one seems the appropriate place to ask. Thanks in advance!

Aug 4, 2023
Hi everyone. Is it possible to set the car so that the air con/heating doesn't come on at all unless I ask it to? I've had a good search through the settings but can't find anything that helps. I was going to start a new thread about this but this one seems the appropriate place to ask. Thanks in advance!
How do you mean?
The answer to the automatic switching on of the AC when the car is unlocked is above.

Apr 23, 2024
Apologies Zak. I thought it was still turning on automatically after ignition but it's not. Before I changed the settings as suggested above, it did occasionally not turn on at unlock (I've no idea why) but it would then turn on after ignition and I thought it was still doing that. But it seems to be doing what it's supposed to now! Thanks for the thread.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members